Gavitt Games ending?

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Gavitt Games ending?

Postby stever20 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:27 am

GoldenWarrior11 wrote:The Gavitt Games may end, but it's not like Big East teams are going to cease playing Big Ten teams.

Creighton/Nebraska
Georgetown/Maryland
Marquette/Wisconsin
Hall/Rutgers
Butler/Purdue or Indiana
X/Ohio State

There are plenty of in-state rivalry games that occur either annually, or at least regularly, that can still fit the B1G/BE Challenge (heck, many of these games have occurred under the Gavitt Games banner). I think we will still see a number of games annually between the Big East and Big Ten, IMO.

of those 6 you list, only 3 are going to continue I think- Creighton/Nebraska, Marquette/Wisconsin, and Hall/Rutgers. They ended the crossroads classic unfortunately.

It'll be interesting to see how many games happen with the Big Ten now outside of those 3 and the exempt tournaments.
stever20

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby kayako » Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:54 pm

stever20 wrote:
GoldenWarrior11 wrote:The Gavitt Games may end, but it's not like Big East teams are going to cease playing Big Ten teams.

Creighton/Nebraska
Georgetown/Maryland
Marquette/Wisconsin
Hall/Rutgers
Butler/Purdue or Indiana
X/Ohio State

There are plenty of in-state rivalry games that occur either annually, or at least regularly, that can still fit the B1G/BE Challenge (heck, many of these games have occurred under the Gavitt Games banner). I think we will still see a number of games annually between the Big East and Big Ten, IMO.

of those 6 you list, only 3 are going to continue I think- Creighton/Nebraska, Marquette/Wisconsin, and Hall/Rutgers. They ended the crossroads classic unfortunately.

It'll be interesting to see how many games happen with the Big Ten now outside of those 3 and the exempt tournaments.

FWIW, DePaul/Northwestern is probably a thing going forward.
supernova
kayako

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board