A Review of the Wildcats

The home for Big East hoops

Re: A Review of the Wildcats

Postby Omaha1 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:51 am

stever20 wrote:From the Presser today:
Says when he was asked by @DanaONeilWriter at Final Four about Coach K retiring, he thought, "I know exactly what he's thinking"

It's funny she thought his response at the time was interesting- and it really turned out to be so.

I think about retirement all of the time but I don’t have 50 million bucks in the back like Jay does so I guess that it ain’t happening.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:12 pm

On reitrement...

Well, much of what we 'think' we need, we don't need. Examine your thought processes, lifestyle choices,
and determine what is necessary/what is not. Much of what we have/what we do is extraneous and unnecessary.

We as humans, can live with much less (in terms of possessions), live on much less (in terms of spending), and can
pare back our daily/monthly expenditures. We can learn to 'live leaner'. I currently live on less than half my working
salary. I only have 5 retirement income streams. I live well, using much less income than I did while in
the workforce. Adapt & Overcome. It can be done...it may require some tough choices, but it can be done.

PS: Slater is back for Nova...Good deal.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby Novachap » Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:42 pm

So far 2 of the 3 from our really good recruiting class have confirmed they are staying with Nova. Cam Whitmore (who is going to be a beast) confirmed tonight and Mark Armstrong confirmed the ofaithful. Brendan Hausen (shooting guard) flying up from Texas to meet with Neptune tomorrow. Much needed good news for Nova faithful.
Novachap

Postby adoraz » Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:58 pm

Great to see players are staying. The league doesn't necessarily need Nova to be a Final Four team again next year (was unlikely even if Jay returned), but it's important for them to remain Top 25.
Johnnies
adoraz

Postby X-man » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:56 am

Xavier now has everyone returning except two graduating players (Johnson and Scruggs), and two players entering the portal (Odom and Stanley). They add three players in incoming recruits, Kam Craft and Desmond Claude (losing one recruit, Tyrell Ward, likely headed to Georgetown), and redshirt freshman, Elijah Tucker. Miller has completed filling the coaching staff, and word is that he's likely looking for 1-2 players out of the portal.
Xavier will surprise. Never count them out of the Dance.
X-man

Postby ChestRockwell85 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:39 am

Novachap wrote:So far 2 of the 3 from our really good recruiting class have confirmed they are staying with Nova. Cam Whitmore (who is going to be a beast) confirmed tonight and Mark Armstrong confirmed the ofaithful. Brendan Hausen (shooting guard) flying up from Texas to meet with Neptune tomorrow. Much needed good news for Nova faithful.

All 3 2022 Villanova recruits have remained committed to play for Neptune. So far, so good. It seems like Caleb Daniels will end up staying, but nothing confirmed yet. Fingers crossed.
1985 / 2016 / 2018 NATIONAL CHAMPS gtmoBlue is my homeboy
ChestRockwell85

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:48 pm

Thats good news Chesty. I'd hate to walk over an undermanned, undergunned Nova next season. Good to see stability and
continuity within the program. Sure, recruits come to play for coaches, but sometimes, just sometimes...that NAME
on the front of the Jersey carries real weight. Such is the case with Villanova University. Way to go Nova.

I for one, am NOT writing off the Radnorites next season - JW or no. It IS VILLANOVA, and they have a history, a legacy,
of Winning. I'd have it no other way.

You gotta beat the Best...to be the Best. Roll damn Radnorites, Roll!

Can't wait for November, baby.

Luv ya Chesty...Take care of NYC. Gumby, Novachap, Kayako...all the Best. Keep bringin' them in. Neptune will
continue the legacy. No worries.

Hell, we MAY get to play Providence twice next season...ya think??? Ol' Easy Ed is loading up with
transfers. Headbutts, elbows, holding, hooking arms around the waist, the X kid Macura tripping folks (oh wait, he's gone), flopping, and all the rest.
2022-23 promises to be a real bloodbath - Bring it On.
Last edited by gtmoBlue on Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby DemonBaby » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:36 am

Bryan Antoine in the transfer portal. That’s too bad as I think he has potential.
DemonBaby

Postby Jet915 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:51 am

DemonBaby wrote:Bryan Antoine in the transfer portal. That’s too bad as I think he has potential.

Yeah he waited his turn, I assume next year he would have ample playing time and now he leaves?
Jet915

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Sun May 01, 2022 10:26 am

Jet915 wrote:
DemonBaby wrote:Bryan Antoine in the transfer portal. That’s too bad as I think he has potential.

Yeah he waited his turn, I assume next year he would have ample playing time and now he leaves?

Bryan certainly never lived up to the hype that he came in with. Multiple injuries, missed time, etc. Just never got it going. Could never get the D down and was too hesitant on O. When Longino passed him on the depth chart and then when both he and Moore went down and Bryan couldn’t make an impact, the writing was in the wall.

He’s a good kid. Wish him nothing but the best in his journey.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board