A Review of the Friars

The home for Big East hoops

Re: A Review of the Friars

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:25 pm

Yo Prov... Yo BillyJack... Yo Friar faithful... Listen up!

Ed Cooley is now the DEAN of Big East Coaches.
Providence College is the Defending Big East RS Champions.
Providence is coming off a successful RS and SS year.
To the Victor goes the spoils...but also the Responsibility.

Providence College is now EXPECTED to carry the BEast guidon...to represent the Best in the Big East!
Prov is expected to "set the standard of Excellence" in the conference.
Can you Handle it?
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Friar52 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:57 pm

Wow...first time poster and longtime PC fan...but whatever thorn that GTMO has for my Friars, it's starting to push a few buttons. Seriously, you put the target on our backs even though Lil Cr8ton is expected to lead the league next year, has an equally admirable coach and will no doubt be the exciting team that overcomes all challenges. This isn't Cooley's league...as it wasn't Wright's league. It's the freakin Big East...all inclusive and day-to day entertaining as hell. So I'm not sure how many stars you have over your Eagle HM, but as a survivor of an 8404 MOS '71-'75, I'm not willing to have you dictate quality and admiration for an outlet that remains elevated over the business known as sports these days. So back off Chief...and Thanks for your service!!
Friar52

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:20 pm

Hey there Friar52. No stars...I worked for a living - 8432.

Just calling it as it is. Easy Ed has graduated to leadership as the "Dean" of coaches
based on his longevity. Prov IS the defending Champ (RS). That is not to say that Prov has
to do a Nova and provide ALL the winning. No, the restuvus have to win as well to keep
the BE as a top 2-4 conference nationally. But, someone HAS to Lead?

Rumor has it that Jay & the Radnorites "carried" the conference for years now. With GQ
Jay retired and Ed ascending the coaching throne, Providence is the logical school to carry
the banner for the conference. Besides, ol' Ed has the Friars on a roll now. Prov and Nova
were head & shoulders above the rest of the conference this past season.

Quiet as it's kept...We need more years like this past season with 4 or more 20+ game winners
(6 tms in 2021-22). With the current coaches and the state of recruiting, having 3 or more
ranked teams and several 20 game winners each year seems doable. Getting 2 or more teams
having NCAA runs like this year also helps.

Technically, the Huskies of UConn would love this 'opportunity', as they think they're better
than the rest of us. UConn dreams of being the face of the BEast, again. However, they can't
seem to get their shit in one sock...and win. Maybe the current competition is too tough for
Hurley and the gang?

Lil Cr8n is a johnny-come-lately, way too new to be leading the conference. However, agreed
that all of the teams need to pull their weight and contribute to conference successes.

Oh... and yes. My love for Nova, (insert GTWN), and Prov is unbounded. My 3
favorite teams in the conference, and only exceeded by my love for Kansas. :roll:

Wait, wait, wait...back this up a bit. I almost forgot about the good folks of Gtwn/Foggy Bottom.
The hangin' sacks players. Can't leave those arrogant bast_rds out of the mix. Prov is my 3rd fav in the league.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby Friar52 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:41 am

Mea Culpa GTMO...kinda thought you were doing the "between the lines" backhand to Them Dudes and our glorious leader. And actually, you'd pretty much get a pass for most of it because of putting your butt "out there" for the rest of us for a good portion of your life. But can't help having flashbacks of senior NonComms doing the subtle smackdowns...with smirks!! It's obvious you're a true Bluejay and I totally respect that...but you're also a Big East fan as shown with the analysis and educated opinions you put on this board!! So, how about bumping the Friars up a notch on your Team Love ladder...and I'll offer UCONN as a replacement! Thanks Doc!!
Friar52

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:11 pm

Friar52 wrote:Mea Culpa GTMO...kinda thought you were doing the "between the lines" backhand to Them Dudes and our glorious leader. And actually, you'd pretty much get a pass for most of it because of putting your butt "out there" for the rest of us for a good portion of your life. But can't help having flashbacks of senior NonComms doing the subtle smackdowns...with smirks!! It's obvious you're a true Bluejay and I totally respect that...but you're also a Big East fan as shown with the analysis and educated opinions you put on this board!! So, how about bumping the Friars up a notch on your Team Love ladder...and I'll offer UCONN as a replacement! Thanks Doc!!

Okay Doc Friar52...

Appreciate you and your loyalty to your team.
1. Nova/Radnorites, 2. Gtwn, 3. UC_nn't, 4. X, 5. Prov

As an old fart, Septuagenarian, with parkinson's & Alzheimer's, I may forget the order periodically. So I'll ask for forgiveness now... :lol:

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby PCguy » Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:22 pm

It's up to all of the coaches to cinch their belts a little bit and go to the next level. All for on and one for all type of thing.
PCguy

Postby gtmoBlue » Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:44 pm

Ol' Easy Ed is really rackin' n stackin' the transfers... Go Ed Go!

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby Jet915 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:11 am

PC adds Kentucky transfer Bryce Hopkins.
Jet915

Postby EMT » Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:19 am

Jet915 wrote:PC adds Kentucky transfer Bryce Hopkins.

:twisted: :evil:
EMT

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:43 am

Damn... How many open billets do they have? Definitely some talent. Ed has his work cut
out for him in building this group into a team.

Transfers: all former 4*, except Moore
SG Devin Carter
C Cliff Moore
SG Corey Floyd
SG Noah Locke
PF Bryce Hopkins

Recruits: 3* (247)

PG Pierre
PG Berry

Creighton
gtmoBlue

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board