(2) Wednesday Big East Games 2/9/22

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (2) Wednesday Big East Games 2/9/22

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:06 am

Demon22 wrote:Tonight was a solid step towards DePaul not finishing last in the conference.

And if you really want to get wild, with JFL returning soon, I could see a possibility where DePaul goes 4-4 over their final 8 conference games. If that happens, they'd finish 7-13 in conference play, and 16-14 overall going into the Big East Tournament.

That might give them an outside shot at an NIT birth.

Demons' ball movement the last couple of games is the best I can remember. Even Jones is sharing the ball. Really impressed with Stubbs.
Wizard of Westroads

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DeadHeadHoya » Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:22 am

Ewing needs to be fired today. This morning .

Not after the season . Right now. Rip the band aid off and start fresh .
DeadHeadHoya

Postby stever20 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:26 am

DeadHeadHoya wrote:Ewing needs to be fired today. This morning .

Not after the season . Right now. Rip the band aid off and start fresh .

Am I right that the Hoyas haven't had a guy from the WCAC on their roster for like 5 years? I was looking at the rosters from the last few years and I think I noticed that.

And what was strange- the roster from 5 years ago when the Hoyas had 2 guys from WCAC schools- on the roster they had all the players schools listed- EXCEPT for the 2 WCAC guys. That just seems odd.
stever20

Postby Demon22 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:39 am

Wizard of Westroads wrote:
Demon22 wrote:Tonight was a solid step towards DePaul not finishing last in the conference.

And if you really want to get wild, with JFL returning soon, I could see a possibility where DePaul goes 4-4 over their final 8 conference games. If that happens, they'd finish 7-13 in conference play, and 16-14 overall going into the Big East Tournament.

That might give them an outside shot at an NIT birth.

Demons' ball movement the last couple of games is the best I can remember. Even Jones is sharing the ball. Really impressed with Stubbs.

I've seen enough flashes of solid play at times this season to be sold on the idea that Stubbs and his staff can coach.

It would be nice if they could get more than 7/8 scholarship players dressed for next season.
Demon22

Postby stever20 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:57 pm

so I was looking at something for the CSN board about VCU and their opponents since realignment...

had me then thinking about Georgetown and looking at my database(yes, I track things there)....

With the loss last night now- since realignment Georgetown now is 137-137 with the loss last night.

I think one of the most incredible things about the Big East is how well it's done given just that fact.
stever20

Postby kayako » Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:16 pm

stever20 wrote:wonder if Freemantle being out the last 15 minutes of this game may wind up being the best thing long term for Xavier. They figure out some stuff with out him that maybe does them better off?

They need to figure out a bench role for Freemantle.
supernova
kayako

Postby stever20 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:20 pm

kayako wrote:
stever20 wrote:wonder if Freemantle being out the last 15 minutes of this game may wind up being the best thing long term for Xavier. They figure out some stuff with out him that maybe does them better off?

I thought Edwards who they used later in the game for him did a really good job. Guess some of it was not having him on the scouting report but that was impressive.
stever20

Postby Xudash » Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:45 pm

stever20 wrote:
kayako wrote:

I thought Edwards who they used later in the game for him did a really good job. Guess some of it was not having him on the scouting report but that was impressive.

I am disgusted with Fremantle at this point. You could easily argue that his antics cost us the game last night. He killed momentum at an important point in the game and Seton Hall scored points as a result of what he did. A total lack of self-control, and a very bad look.

Regardless of the fact that he was injured earlier this year, I believe he has spent way too much time reading his pre-season press clippings. He should not start tomorrow night.

Tomorrow night is Xavier’s season, IMO. They must beat UCONN at home.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby stever20 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:49 pm

Xudash wrote:
I am disgusted with Fremantle at this point. You could easily argue that his antics cost us the game last night. He killed momentum at an important point in the game and Seton Hall scored points as a result of what he did. A total lack of self-control, and a very bad look.

Regardless of the fact that he was injured earlier this year, I believe he has spent way too much time reading his pre-season press clippings. He should not start tomorrow night.

Tomorrow night is Xavier’s season, IMO. They must be UCONN at home.

I agree- I mean, Xavier will still make the tournament unless the bottom really falls out, but a loss tomorrow and it makes it where Xavier would probably need to win 2 of the remaining 3 road games to get a good seed(@ UConn, Providence, and St John's).
stever20

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board