Postby jbarajas0490 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:26 am

What about Mack? He's available.
jbarajas0490

Re: Is Georgetown the new DePaul?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DeadHeadHoya » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:43 pm

I don’t think Mack would be a bad option . I also don’t think Pitino is a bad option
DeadHeadHoya

Postby marquette » Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:24 pm

Would the Georgetown fan base accept Pitino? Has anyone ever coached at 3 different Big East schools before?
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby stever20 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:15 pm

marquette wrote:Would the Georgetown fan base accept Pitino? Has anyone ever coached at 3 different Big East schools before?

I'd kind of think they would. I mean right now you really just aren't hearing much at all about the Hoyas at all in the DMV area. (actually not much with college hoops period with the Terps about as bad as they've been in 30 years). I would think a Pitino hire would excite the area tremendously.
stever20

Postby DudeAnon » Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:49 pm

Pitino is 69 years old, let that man retire. Go after the next up and coming mid-major coach, its not that complicated.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby Hoya9697 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:39 pm

marquette wrote:Would the Georgetown fan base accept Pitino? Has anyone ever coached at 3 different Big East schools before?

Portions of the fanbase would. The admin probably wouldn’t. The fact of the matter is that JTJr was just as much of an ethical mess as Pitino, but much of what he did didn’t become public and that which did was swept under the rug because of what he represented.

As a Catholic, I believe in forgiveness and have forgiven Pops his transgressions. I’d love to hire Pitino for five years (K is 74) along with a DMV guy as a planned successor under his tutelage.

A clean break from the Thompson regime would be nice, but Jack and company lack the balls.
Hoya9697

Postby kayako » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:31 am

I can't even think of anyone else with 2 BE schools. Huggins never coached in the BE with the Bearcats, right?
supernova
kayako

Postby MullinMayhem » Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:23 pm

I figured Nova would be among top teams in NBE but I expected G'Town to be right there if not the top dog by far. Georgetown was a blue blood as recently as about 2012 or so. Under Ewing, all they have done is stunk. Yes he won that random BET last year, but let's be real it was just getting red hot at right time. He is not a good coach. They've had some talent...they just don't win big like they used to. They will continue spiraling downward as long as Ewing is coach. I can relate with Mullin being coach and we kept hearing "oh he will never be fired"...but he sucked badly enough and was fired. Programs are bigger than any 1 person regardless of your name. If you suck you need to go. Our conference would be in a different stratosphere if SJ was playing like PC and G'Town was playing like Xavier post realignment.
MullinMayhem

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board