Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 update

Postby stever20 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:38 pm

Jet915 wrote:
Chalmers0 wrote:
MUPanther wrote:http://www.foxsports.com/watch/fs1/story/tmz-sports-on-fs1-show-to-debut-november-9-harvey-levin-103015

TMZ Sports coming to FS1.

Sigh. Hopefully this garbage at least brings some semblance of ratings...

With Horowitz at the helm, this isn't surprising, he did bring us First Take :roll: .....

Yeah. It's a shame that sports media has devolved into what it's become. awful announcing has a good article about this being the last stage of the Kardasianization of sports media. And they're right.
stever20

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Chalmers0 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:43 pm

Jet915 wrote:
Chalmers0 wrote:
MUPanther wrote:http://www.foxsports.com/watch/fs1/story/tmz-sports-on-fs1-show-to-debut-november-9-harvey-levin-103015

TMZ Sports coming to FS1.

Sigh. Hopefully this garbage at least brings some semblance of ratings...

With Horowitz at the helm, this isn't surprising, he did bring us First Take :roll: .....

Ya it's not surprising at all, I gave up on the network for anything non-live events the day they hired Horowitz (probably posted the same earlier in this thread).

I definitely bought into the hype of an ESPN alternative when they first came around, sucks to see them go the same direction.
Chalmers0

Postby stever20 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:48 pm

The problem for FS1 was though that the ratings showed that no one was really interested in an ESPN alternative. It's really a shame- I loved some of the stuff that FS1 was doing(thinking the Fox Football daily show in particular).
stever20

Postby SJHooper » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:07 am

stever20 wrote:The problem for FS1 was though that the ratings showed that no one was really interested in an ESPN alternative. It's really a shame- I loved some of the stuff that FS1 was doing(thinking the Fox Football daily show in particular).

FS1 is still in its absolute infancy. It cracks me up when people compare ESPN which has been around for 30 years monopolizing the sports media industry to a network that JUST started. Under Armour did not compete with Nike on day 1 nor should it ever be expected to. But guess what? After Nike essentially monopolized athletic attire, UA has taken some big chunks out of them and is gaining on them rapidly. UA needed time to be a househould name and for customers to realize the product quality was comparable to Nike. Same goes for FS1 and ESPN.
SJHooper

Postby wildjays » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:46 pm

Here's a composite Big East TV schedule in case you want to know where to catch every game this season on TV or online.

http://whiteandbluereview.com/2014-15-b ... -schedule/
wildjays

Postby stever20 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:51 pm

SJHooper wrote:
stever20 wrote:The problem for FS1 was though that the ratings showed that no one was really interested in an ESPN alternative. It's really a shame- I loved some of the stuff that FS1 was doing(thinking the Fox Football daily show in particular).

FS1 is still in its absolute infancy. It cracks me up when people compare ESPN which has been around for 30 years monopolizing the sports media industry to a network that JUST started. Under Armour did not compete with Nike on day 1 nor should it ever be expected to. But guess what? After Nike essentially monopolized athletic attire, UA has taken some big chunks out of them and is gaining on them rapidly. UA needed time to be a househould name and for customers to realize the product quality was comparable to Nike. Same goes for FS1 and ESPN.

That's got nothing to do with the other programming. Fox has completely given up on what they had planned at launch, and has gone to being an ESPN Clone for the outside live event programming.
stever20

Postby Doge McDermott » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:57 am

Katie Nolan is a gem. I hope her show moves to prime time.

Only con I can see is her Boston fandom, but I can respect that.
Doge McDermott

Postby MUPanther » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:27 am

Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby Jet915 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:42 am

MUPanther wrote:October best month ever on FS1!! :D :D
http://www.foxsports.com/presspass/late ... month-ever

Yeah but it could have been better if KC and Toronto weren't in the playoffs...... (stever sarcasm).
Jet915

Postby MUPanther » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:20 am

Jet915 wrote:
MUPanther wrote:October best month ever on FS1!! :D :D
http://www.foxsports.com/presspass/late ... month-ever

Yeah but it could have been better if KC and Toronto weren't in the playoffs...... (stever sarcasm).

These stick out to me more..
College football on FS1 is having its best season ever, averaging 628,000 viewers, +3% from a year ago, and +34% from 2013.

• USA-Mexico CONCACAF CUP on Oct. 10 scored 1,561,000 viewers, a new FS1 record for men’s soccer.

• NASCAR Camping World Truck Series races on FS1 are averaging 712,000 viewers season-to-date, +9% over the same point on the calendar in 2014 (655,000 viewers).
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board