Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 update

Postby MUPanther » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:43 pm

Spin it whatever way you want with all your can't and that is the way it was. I said my thing, period!
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MUPanther » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:52 pm

MUPanther

Postby mpwalsh8 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:32 pm

Jet915 wrote:Just saw a Big East commerical on FS2. Looks like they are starting to promote. Using the "Soul of College Hoops" slogan again.

I've seen the commercial twice tonight watching the World Series via the FSGO App. Is it running on regular TV as well?

Anyone know where to find the new version online?

This is the version from last year: http://www.foxsports.com/college-basket ... 2608323738
mpwalsh8

Postby robinreed » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:20 am

MUPanther wrote:http://www.foxsports.com/watch/fs1/story/tmz-sports-on-fs1-show-to-debut-november-9-harvey-levin-103015

TMZ Sports coming to FS1.

This is a significant mistake on the part of Fox. If their sports programming in any way is similar to their celebrity news it is a degrading move.
robinreed

Postby MUPanther » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:34 am

robinreed wrote:
MUPanther wrote:http://www.foxsports.com/watch/fs1/story/tmz-sports-on-fs1-show-to-debut-november-9-harvey-levin-103015

This is a significant mistake on the part of Fox. If their sports programming in any way is similar to their celebrity news it is a degrading move.
I think the timeslot fits the shows style.
MUPanther

Postby stever20 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:08 am

Well, in my opinion Fox just wrapped up as bad of a luck postseason as they ever could have....
- small market KC
- Texas and Houston with both with not so great baseball history
- Canadian Toronto
- 2 5 game LDS which is great- but then LCS only goes 6, and WS only goes 5, depriving Fox of highly rated late series games which always brings great ratings.

still good to have the playoffs- just the impact of them like a 6 when it would most years get a 8 or higher.
stever20

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:50 am

stever20 wrote:Well, in my opinion Fox just wrapped up as bad of a luck postseason as they ever could have....
- small market KC
- Canadian Toronto
- 2 5 game LDS which is great- but then LCS only goes 6, and WS only goes 5, depriving Fox of highly rated late series games which always brings great ratings.

still good to have the playoffs- just the impact of them like a 6 when it would most years get a 8 or higher.

Um...it could have been so much worse... Last time I checked Los Mets are in the largest market in the country. Houston? Big market. Chicago? Big market. LA? Big market. You can't just cherry pick the KC and Toronto markets without recognizing the others.

3 years ago Fox Sports 1 didn't exist. Ideal would have been NYY vs. LA Dodgers or Cubs. But guess what, it's still better than not having it at all. And FS1 commercials all through NFL football yesterday on regular Fox. I can't wait when we see those Colin Cowherd commercials become BE hoops commercials.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby stever20 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:22 pm

GumbyDamnit! wrote:
stever20 wrote:Well, in my opinion Fox just wrapped up as bad of a luck postseason as they ever could have....
- small market KC
- Canadian Toronto

Um...it could have been so much worse... Last time I checked Los Mets are in the largest market in the country. Houston? Big market. Chicago? Big market. LA? Big market. You can't just cherry pick the KC and Toronto markets without recognizing the others.

3 years ago Fox Sports 1 didn't exist. Ideal would have been NYY vs. LA Dodgers or Cubs. But guess what, it's still better than not having it at all. And FS1 commercials all through NFL football yesterday on regular Fox. I can't wait when we see those Colin Cowherd commercials become BE hoops commercials.

Fox had exactly 0 games with Chicago and LA though. Also, the LCS was Toronto/KC- so that's really not cherry picking there at all.

Really, you would have had to work hard to have a worse case scenario than what they got this year. Especially with the WS going only 5 games- and having to go up last night with what was supposed to be a great NFL game in Denver/Green Bay(that got best Sunday night ratings ever opposite the World Series even with the game being a clunker). The one part of luck that Fox had was the game last night going into extra innings- because of that the rating for game 5 was best since 2009(and best ever going up against Sunday Night Football). Where Fox would have absolutely cleaned up is the series going 6 or 7 games.

And I wouldn't be so sure about those Cowherd commercials changing into BE hoops commercials. Fox needs him to succeed.
stever20

Postby Chalmers0 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:50 pm

Sigh. Hopefully this garbage at least brings some semblance of ratings...
Chalmers0

Postby Jet915 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:06 pm

Chalmers0 wrote:

Sigh. Hopefully this garbage at least brings some semblance of ratings...

With Horowitz at the helm, this isn't surprising, he did bring us First Take :roll: .....
Jet915

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board