Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 update

Postby Hoopfan » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:27 am

DudeAnon wrote:
Hoopfan wrote:
DudeAnon wrote:
Either way, its a good problem to have no? Are we televised nationally on FOX or Fox sports 1? I think Dayton is on channel 10.2 this year?

No idea what channel they are on and what does dayton have to do with this? For complaining about people bringing dayton up you sure seem to like to talk about em

Its to give perspective. Almost all of our games are nationally televised. And this year more are on big Fox. Lots of conferences only get their marquee teams nationally televised and some aren't even afforded that luxury.

Unless I missed it were not arguing about that though. I am more aware of what is on FS1 than fox because its in the sports channel section that I always check.
Hoopfan

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Hoopfan » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:30 am

MUPanther wrote:
Hoopfan wrote:
NovaBall wrote:You are wrong. Fox national games are like the CBS national games, much more valuable than any single espn game, even the weekend espn game day slot. And I, not talking about the casual college hoops fan throwing on espn, but rather the casual TV viewer who puts in whatever is on the lower network slots. My grandmother will see nova on fox or CBS and maybe keep it on because she knows I would be watching, she sure as heck doesn't even know where espn is located on the dial. But I'm not going to legitimize your post with anymore of a response because this is clearly too complex for you.

What dayton board do you regularly post on?

The only time I go to Fox, CBS, ABC, etc on directv is when I know NFL is on or I want to watch my sunday night cartoons. I always start at channel 206 when I want to search what is on TV as that is where the sports channels are. "

So, you don't watch college football?

I watch OSU which is generally on ESPN or B10 network. If its a night game I check espn before abc because Im not in the Midwest and dont expect the osu (out of market) game to be on basic cable. At the end of the day its good for people with basic cable but everyone else is going to check their sport channels first
Hoopfan

Postby DudeAnon » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:08 am

Hoopfan wrote:I watch OSU which is generally on ESPN or B10 network. If its a night game I check espn before abc because Im not in the Midwest and dont expect the osu (out of market) game to be on basic cable. At the end of the day its good for people with basic cable but everyone else is going to check their sport channels first

Welp, then UK is screwed because they play a lot of their games on CBS. Poor wildcats.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby stever20 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:43 am

DudeAnon wrote:
Hoopfan wrote:I watch OSU which is generally on ESPN or B10 network. If its a night game I check espn before abc because Im not in the Midwest and dont expect the osu (out of market) game to be on basic cable. At the end of the day its good for people with basic cable but everyone else is going to check their sport channels first

Welp, then UK is screwed because they play a lot of their games on CBS. Poor wildcats.

wouldn't call 5 games a lot. Meanwhile 17 games on ESPN and another 2 on ESPN2.
stever20

Postby DudeAnon » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:44 pm

stever20 wrote:
DudeAnon wrote:

wouldn't call 5 games a lot. Meanwhile 17 games on ESPN and another 2 on ESPN2.

Simply put. Would you rather play on FOX or FS1?
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby stever20 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:49 pm

No doubt there- but that's more about FS1 than anything else. But if the question is would I rather play on Fox or ESPN, that's pretty much a wash.
stever20

Postby MUPanther » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:33 pm

Well, Ohio State is on ABC for the second straight week. Surprised you don't watch the SEC on CBS or ND on NBC or Fox college football. Network TV is kinda king for just football.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby stever20 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:36 pm

MUPanther wrote:Well, Ohio State is on ABC for the second straight week. Surprised you don't watch the SEC on CBS or ND on NBC or Fox college football. Network TV is kinda king for just football.

One thing that is interesting is that may even be changing to some degree. Of the to 7 broadcasts so far this year in college football- 3 were on ESPN.
stever20

Postby NovaBall » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:13 pm

Is Stever arguing that espn games are better than CBS or fix Saturday games? Maybe his funniest argument left.

Stever, we all know you heart espn, but try to keep things realistic.

As a nova fan I always considered the CBS weekend games to be the biggest ticket games of the year, with big Monday and Saturday espn games a distant second. And I actually attended a Saturday espn gameday event at my school, and still viewed that as a lesser event than a CBS game.

But hey, you heart espn and have blinders on, and you are jealous of the big east because they won't let dayton in, so troll away........
NovaBall

Postby stever20 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:43 pm

NovaBall wrote:Is Stever arguing that espn games are better than CBS or fix Saturday games? Maybe his funniest argument left.

Stever, we all know you heart espn, but try to keep things realistic.

As a nova fan I always considered the CBS weekend games to be the biggest ticket games of the year, with big Monday and Saturday espn games a distant second. And I actually attended a Saturday espn gameday event at my school, and still viewed that as a lesser event than a CBS game.

But hey, you heart espn and have blinders on, and you are jealous of the big east because they won't let dayton in, so troll away........

I'm saying for basketball- there is no difference between CBS/Fox/ESPN. Absolutely no difference at all. you look at all the big games- they are just as likely to be on ESPN as they are CBS. For sports fans- they look at ESPN at least as much as they do network, if not more.
stever20

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board