Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 update

Postby stever20 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:36 pm

NJRedman wrote:Stever if you want to talk shit about us at least be man enough to do it on this board. Why don't you just f---ing stay there since thats where all your fellow AAC fans are. You're a f---ing joke. BTW guys he didn't go to a Big East school but says he's a "casual" Georgetown fan.

Post: #11RE: FS1 MLB ratings way down for game 1 of the LDS
yeah, and that's what the AL playoffs are going up against. The AL has no mainstream teams in the playoffs this year. None. I hear some idiots saying that it's the playoffs- all the games will get great ratings no matter who is playing. That in essence the AL games would get a rub off the NL games. Dumb stuff.

Of course, the ones saying this the most are Big East fans who thinks FS1's crap doesn't stink. I brought up on that board that Fox caught a bad break with the group of teams in the AL playoffs this year. You would have thought that it was treason even saying that.

You want to know why Redman. Because I'm moderated here because folks complain about how I am. At least over there I can speak freely and without limits.
stever20

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MUPanther » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:08 pm

Astros/Royals FS1: 3.3M
NFL Net portion of Colts/Texans: 2.84M
Rangers/Blue Jays FS1: 1.75M
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby stever20 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:02 pm

The thing that is amazing is what I was saying originally was giving FS1 somewhat of a pass for not getting great ratings.
stever20

Postby NJRedman » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:12 pm

stever20 wrote:
NJRedman wrote:Stever if you want to talk shit about us at least be man enough to do it on this board. Why don't you just f---ing stay there since thats where all your fellow AAC fans are. You're a f---ing joke. BTW guys he didn't go to a Big East school but says he's a "casual" Georgetown fan.

yeah, and that's what the AL playoffs are going up against. The AL has no mainstream teams in the playoffs this year. None. I hear some idiots saying that it's the playoffs- all the games will get great ratings no matter who is playing. That in essence the AL games would get a rub off the NL games. Dumb stuff.

Of course, the ones saying this the most are Big East fans who thinks FS1's crap doesn't stink. I brought up on that board that Fox caught a bad break with the group of teams in the AL playoffs this year. You would have thought that it was treason even saying that.

You want to know why Redman. Because I'm moderated here because folks complain about how I am. At least over there I can speak freely and without limits.

Good then stay over there where you aren't moderated. You can talk all the shit you want about the big east and FS1. All those trolls will love you.

You can post another TWENTY THOUSAND posts.
NJRedman

Postby marquette » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:03 am

stever20 wrote:

You have by far the most posts on this board. 90% of those are attempts to rip the Big East, on a BE message board. 90% of those have been proven objectively wrong over time. Let's not act like you didn't bring any moderation on yourself, you can quit nailing yourself to that cross now.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby stever20 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:25 am

marquette wrote:
stever20 wrote:

You have by far the most posts on this board. 90% of those are attempts to rip the Big East, on a BE message board. 90% of those have been proven objectively wrong over time. Let's not act like you didn't bring any moderation on yourself, you can quit nailing yourself to that cross now.

Sorry but I don't feel like you have to be a fan boy to post on a site about a conference that you like. I don't look at anything with rosed colored glasses like some folks on here do. And some folks obsession with FS1- is just absolutely bizarre to me. And EVERYTHING here in the last few days with NJRedman and Billyjack acting like I did treason for saying that Fox caught a bad break with who was in the playoffs this year- I'm sorry- but that's just bat shit crazy to me. People agreed with me- but Redman and Billyjack didn't care....

And hate to break it to folks- but I get pm'd quite a bit saying that they like how I post just the way I do, and not to change anything. Folks don't actually post that because they know they'd be vilified but still....

Getting back to things... Saw this which shows what Fox was going up against(exactly like I said)
about the Canada situation- just saw this:
2.35 Million viewers watched #BlueJays vs Texas ALDS Game 1 on @Sportsnet - the highest audience in network history

doesn't help Fox out one bit.
stever20

Postby marquette » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:59 pm

I cannot think of any way I could possibly care less about your thoughts on the MLB playoffs and the ratings thereof, nor do I particularly care about the discussion. My point is that you can't throw a pity-party over being moderated when all you do is constantly try to tear the conference and its media partner down, with not so much as a "mea culpa" when you are proven wrong. There's no reason for you to post over 4,000 times the same anti-BE mantra. If you don't like the Big East, you can just as easily take your ample (to say the least) free time elsewhere. May I suggest a political board, wherein you can chant a viewpoint over and over again and you will likely find a fan section. Stay or go, I don't care but you can quit with the martyr routine. That's the last I'll contribute on this matter.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby stever20 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:14 pm

marquette wrote:I cannot think of any way I could possibly care less about your thoughts on the MLB playoffs and the ratings thereof, nor do I particularly care about the discussion. My point is that you can't throw a pity-party over being moderated when all you do is constantly try to tear the conference and its media partner down, with not so much as a "mea culpa" when you are proven wrong. That's the last I'll contribute on this matter.

Dude it's not just my thoughts. The media has said that the AL group is as bad of a group as possible. All I said is that it was a bad break for Fox this year. Anybody that isn't a shill for Fox agrees with that. And I have said stuff good about FS1 when it is deserved. I like the Friday night show they have previewing the weekend. I just don't and won't just blanket say great stuff about Fox when it's not deserved. I think The Big East made a huge mistake to go 100% away from ESPN.. And I am not alone- ask the very respected Frank the Tank- and he'll say exactly the same thing- that it was a huge mistake.

What is so comical about this is what I was saying was is in essence giving FS1 a pass for the ratings problems they're going to have in the playoffs this year until the World Series. That's the insane part of things.
stever20

Postby marquette » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:31 pm

stever20 wrote:
marquette wrote:I cannot think of any way I could possibly care less about your thoughts on the MLB playoffs and the ratings thereof, nor do I particularly care about the discussion. My point is that you can't throw a pity-party over being moderated when all you do is constantly try to tear the conference and its media partner down, with not so much as a "mea culpa" when you are proven wrong. That's the last I'll contribute on this matter.

Dude it's not just my thoughts. The media has said that the AL group is as bad of a group as possible. All I said is that it was a bad break for Fox this year. Anybody that isn't a shill for Fox agrees with that. And I have said stuff good about FS1 when it is deserved. I like the Friday night show they have previewing the weekend. I just don't and won't just blanket say great stuff about Fox when it's not deserved. I think The Big East made a huge mistake to go 100% away from ESPN.. And I am not alone- ask the very respected Frank the Tank- and he'll say exactly the same thing- that it was a huge mistake.

What is so comical about this is what I was saying was is in essence giving FS1 a pass for the ratings problems they're going to have in the playoffs this year until the World Series. That's the insane part of things.

Since I've already gone hypocritical by editing my post I'll just quick respond; My point was not about the baseball conversation. I don't care about it. At all. My point was that you don't get to play the martyr with your track record.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby MUPanther » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:49 pm

Who the hell is Frank the Tank? Another want-to-be blogger.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board