2022 Big East Tourney Thread- Championship @6pm

The home for Big East hoops

Re: 2022 Big East Tourney Thread- Sold Out Quarterfinals tod

Postby kayako » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:25 am

ecasadoSBU wrote:In New York, the ACC tournament lives in the shadow of the league it decimated

Read more at: https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/col ... rylink=cpy

If I remember correctly, the ACC had promised the A10 a conference challenge in order to use Barclays a few years ago. I donno what became of that, but obviously it didn't materialize. I wouldn't be surprised if they're paying A10 to go away this year... :lol:
supernova
kayako

Re: 2022 Big East Tourney Thread- Sold Out Quarterfinals tod

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: 2022 Big East Tourney Thread- Semifinals @6pm

Postby stever20 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:43 am

So I went ahead and tweeted to David Warlock about St John's and it counting as neutral this year where before It'd been home games for St John's...

Warlock said that that was a mistake and they would fix it.

This would actually get Nova a Q1 win for last night. Will make it their 8th of the year.
stever20

Postby Novachap » Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:18 pm

stever20 wrote:So I went ahead and tweeted to David Warlock about St John's and it counting as neutral this year where before It'd been home games for St John's...

Warlock said that that was a mistake and they would fix it.

This would actually get Nova a Q1 win for last night. Will make it their 8th of the year.

I always liked you Stever.. ;)
Novachap

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:05 pm

Agree with KMacker69 and SJUBBALL - the reffing is horrendous.

Was aghast, but not surprised in the least, by the reffing of both the Butler game and the Radnorites v Johnnies game. Big TV wants to see the marque teams progress. :o
Butler had an opportunity to still win, but did not capitalize. The phantom Johnnies foul with 2.0 on the clock however...hmmm. That ref must be a radnor resident or have Fox stock. :shock:

They (refs) will attempt to continue that trend tonite. Recommend that Lil Cr8n and UConn win big...to avoid the 'opportunity' for the refs to alter the game in the late going.
Both the Friars and Radnorites are vulnerable away from the confines of their home courts.

#RollDamnJays #RollHuskies.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby ecasadoSBU » Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:51 pm

Feeling like crap today. caught a cold or something.

But last night getting out of the garden I read a very inspirational quote from the Farley Post Office - "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds".

That's me right now. See ya at the f'cking garden! SEMIFINALS FRIDAY AT THE MECCA!!!!!
Stony Brook Red, Connecticut Blue, and Big East basketball!
ecasadoSBU

Postby MUPanther » Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:20 pm

Don't tell people, they will think it's covid.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby SJUBBALL » Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:21 pm

FWIW gtmo I do think the foul at the end on Slater was the correct call. Unfortunate but in a scramble like that sometimes there’s contact.

The call that is haunting me in hindsight is definitely the blocking foul on Posh at the end of the first half. Posh makes us go.

Thought it was pretty telling when they interviewed Jay Wright right after the win and asked him what he was looking for on that last possession.

He just smiled and said “don’t let posh make a play”

He knows how important the kid is to our team. The third foul call was brutal, and then the fourth was just a terrible decision on his part running into a big man who had secured a rebound. Oh well. Think I’ve entered the acceptance phase of grief
SJUBBALL

Postby ecasadoSBU » Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:33 pm

MUPanther wrote:Don't tell people, they will think it's covid.

Word. I'll wear a mask just in case so I don't freak people out. But since I had covid like 2 months ago I strongly doubt its covid again.
Stony Brook Red, Connecticut Blue, and Big East basketball!
ecasadoSBU

Postby REDMEN1415 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:43 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Agree with KMacker69 and SJUBBALL - the reffing is horrendous.

Was aghast, but not surprised in the least, by the reffing of both the Butler game and the Radnorites v Johnnies game. Big TV wants to see the marque teams progress. :o
Butler had an opportunity to still win, but did not capitalize. The phantom Johnnies foul with 2.0 on the clock however...hmmm. That ref must be a radnor resident or have Fox stock. :shock:

They (refs) will attempt to continue that trend tonite. Recommend that Lil Cr8n and UConn win big...to avoid the 'opportunity' for the refs to alter the game in the late going.
Both the Friars and Radnorites are vulnerable away from the confines of their home courts.

#RollDamnJays #RollHuskies.

gtmo remember when I posted wednesday night:
"Tonight was DePaul, tomorrow the game will be officiated differently."

I admit though I thought the Posh block was a bs call, but then seen the replay on twitter, and yes that was a good call.
REDMEN1415

Postby billyjack » Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:54 pm

For the sake of the nervous systems of all 4 fanbases tonight, please no O'Connell, Breeding, nor Driscoll.
Providence
billyjack

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board