2021 Recruiting Class- EVEN BETTER THAN THE BEST!!!

The home for Big East hoops

Re: 2021 Recruiting Class- EVEN BETTER THAN THE BEST!!!

Postby jfan » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:59 pm

Jet915 wrote:Creighton just secured a commitment from SG John Christofilis. Currently a 3 star and #208 in 247 composite. Was as high as #45 on 247 and #47 on ESPN last year before he suffered an injury that limited him spring and summer. Considered one of the best shooters in 2021 class. 45% from 3 as a junior. Had offers from Colorado, Washington, Oregon State and Washington State.
I would expect his ranking to climb back a little, but you never know about these things. Creighton up to 39 in the National rankings. 10 BE schools currently in the top 44. Providence will join the party in the top 50 when they get another recruit.
CREIGHTON
jfan

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Omaha1 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:09 pm

Watched his highlight video. Pure shooter. Pencil him into Ballock’s spot eventually.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:28 pm

https://scorebooklive.com/washington/20 ... et-it-fly/

Christofilis has put on 10 pounds of muscle and filled out to 200 pounds since March.

“I think he really utilized his time in the weight room getting stronger these past six-to-eight months,” Washington Supreme coach Carl Howell said. “He had a play in Phoenix where he dunked one off the block that really surprised me. I didn’t think he was that bouncy.”

He’s felt confident playing with that extra muscle in several out-of-state AAU tournament with Washington Supreme.

“The Big East, obviously they’re not small over there,” Christofilis said. “You’ve got to be strong and hold your own. So I’ve really been emphasizing (building strength).”
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby adoraz » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:34 pm

For those new to the board, I've done this thread title in jest for the past few years because Stever once took issue with me suggesting a class (around 2016-17) could become our best recruiting class after a fast start. That thread kept getting derailed by comparing it to the 2014 class or whatever. Basically painting it as a negative that the class would only become our second best class rather than the best.

He hasn't posted much since UConn joined, but this year really could become our best class. :)
Johnnies
adoraz

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:51 am

adoraz wrote:For those new to the board, I've done this thread title in jest for the past few years because Stever once took issue with me suggesting a class (around 2016-17) could become our best recruiting class after a fast start. That thread kept getting derailed by comparing it to the 2014 class or whatever. Basically painting it as a negative that the class would only become our second best class rather than the best.

He hasn't posted much since UConn joined, but this year really could become our best class. :)

Because the argument that the AAC was as good, if not better, than the Big East was officially over and decided (despite the plethora of metrics, stats and data). Stever doesn't comment on AAC/BE happenings on other board either (as several others stopped as well). The towel was thrown in.
GoldenWarrior11

Postby adoraz » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:01 pm

GoldenWarrior11 wrote:
adoraz wrote:For those new to the board, I've done this thread title in jest for the past few years because Stever once took issue with me suggesting a class (around 2016-17) could become our best recruiting class after a fast start. That thread kept getting derailed by comparing it to the 2014 class or whatever. Basically painting it as a negative that the class would only become our second best class rather than the best.

Because the argument that the AAC was as good, if not better, than the Big East was officially over and decided (despite the plethora of metrics, stats and data). Stever doesn't comment on AAC/BE happenings on other board either (as several others stopped as well). The towel was thrown in.

He had the perfect opportunity to jump ship last summer after UConn left, but thought the AAC would be adding VCU and that they'd off-set the loss of UConn. Between that not happening, our great season last year, and future recruiting, even Stever can't argue in defense of the AAC anymore.
Johnnies
adoraz

Postby Jet915 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:42 pm

# 80 Ryan Mutombo commits to Georgetown. Ewing now has 14th ranked class on 247.
Jet915

Postby Husky_U » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:55 pm

BE now with 5 in the Top 20; 9 in the Top 50.
Husky_U

Postby tribeninerhoya » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:34 pm

We're hoping to ultimately hear something good from Aminu Mohammed, but you know how that goes...
tribeninerhoya

Postby Friarsfan94 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:42 pm

PC has just picked up a commitment from top 150 6’10 PF Rafael Castro. Nice pickup for the Friars.
Friarsfan94

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board