Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 update

Postby MUPanther » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:18 am

stever20 wrote:
MUPanther wrote:I hope MLB doesn't force FOX's hand, because FOX doesn't want LDS games.

We need to stop feeding into the stupid. These people can some how tweet, but not find a channel. :evil: Rating were also low because, why does MLB put it's biggest games on during the day, when people are at work.

There was talk about that last year but didn't happen. Poor ratings this year may really make it happen. One factor is that TBS is in about 11 million more homes than FS1 is in. A few of the tweets was they didn't get FS1. Fox may not have a choice in this.

As for your question about games on during the day- they have to. Like yesterday they had 2 games. They can't have a game at KC start up at 9pm or 930pm. Or today, they have 4 games. 2 games have to be during the day.

I didn't ask a question about games being during the day, I made a statement.

The NBA and NHL playoffs somehow are played at night. MLB doesn't want it. Today, there are 4 games on 3 different networks. There is no reason, why the MLB Network game and the FS1 game could be with TBS at night is because MLB wants the games spread out. Results will be the day games get poor ratings.

As for last night's games on FS1. Start times should have been for Rangers/Jays 4:00Ct/5:00ET and Astros/Royals 8:30ET/7:30CT, not 3:30ET and 7:30ET.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby stever20 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:32 am

they want to give the games 4 hour blocks when they have only 2 games like that.

They want to have each game be nationally broadcast because it helps the ratings. They don't want to cannibalize the ratings. Can totally understand that.

I guess maybe i'm a bit surprised they didn't do a 5/9 combo though- like they did last year with the Cardinals hosting a 9pm game. But late starts they're kind of limited to because of geography of the teams.
stever20

Postby FormulaX » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:37 am

stever20 wrote:
MUPanther wrote:Are here are the stupid people who can't find FS1.....
Chris Sedenka ‏@ChrisSedenka · 52m52 minutes ago
@richarddeitsch Took me till the 3rd inning to find it. FS1 is never on my radar

Micheline Maynard ‏@MickiMaynard · 50m50 minutes ago
@richarddeitsch FS1 less widely available than other cablers. Also, rain delay (I gave up).

Skyler Gilbert ‏@SkylerJGilbert · 43m43 minutes ago
@richarddeitsch I don't get the channel... Pathetic for the playoffs.

Zingus Goloth ‏@Txgonzo · 46m46 minutes ago
@richarddeitsch our basic cable at work doesn't get FS1 I guess it's premium. We had to listen on radio

Nick Peto ‏@CoachP508 · 47m47 minutes ago  Massachusetts, USA
@richarddeitsch i honestly didn't even know what network it was on. Checked MLB, TBS, Fox. Burying these games on FS1 is awful.

Kenneth Davis ‏@dthova72 · 51m51 minutes ago
@richarddeitsch It shouldn't be on FS1...TBS or FOX!!!!

Mike Harrington ‏@BNHarrington · 53m53 minutes ago
@eboland11 @richarddeitsch Nobody can find the channel is a big factor IMO.

Yeah, I wonder if MLB after this year may force Fox's hands on this. Between the unappealing teams and this, could be a perfect storm....

The first guy https://twitter.com/ChrisSedenka?ref_sr ... r%5Eauthor
Hilarious, Alzheimer's coordinator! Then three tweets down he has Katie Nolans FS1 show on?
FormulaX

Postby stever20 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:18 pm

Houston/KC got a 2.3 rating, down 28% from last year's 2nd ALDS game 1. The Tor/Tex game getting 1.3 was down 52% from last years 1st ALDS game 1.

Also the 1.3 and 2.3 are down from the 1.6 and 2.7 that FS1 got for game 1 of the NLDS last season.
stever20

Postby Westbrook#36 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:45 pm

stever20 wrote:
Westbrook#36 wrote:Anyone who says they can't find FS1 is being disingenuous or just stupid. On Directv it's near all the ESPN and sports networks, on comcast it's near ESPNU, ESPN classic, NBA TV, CBS sports net, NFL network, MLB network, etc. You don't have to pay extra to get it on either. If you really wanted to watch something in this day and age it's beyond easy to find out what and where that network is that is showing it.

Don't some systems still have it on a sports tier instead of the regular tier though?

The big 2, Directv and Comcast both have FS1 on their regular tier, not sure about other systems. Wouldn't surprise me if a couple of the smaller systems put it on their sports tier or charged extra for it. That's all the more reason for Fox to dig their heels in and keep LDS series on FS1, have premium content on FS1 and force those smaller systems into putting it on their regular tier. Fox paid good money for the rights and can broadcast it on whichever of their networks they choose, MLB can go count their money for all Fox cares. This is the very reason to buy and place premium content on FS1, to grow that network.
Westbrook#36

Postby stever20 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:47 pm

Westbrook#36 wrote:
stever20 wrote:
Westbrook#36 wrote:Anyone who says they can't find FS1 is being disingenuous or just stupid. On Directv it's near all the ESPN and sports networks, on comcast it's near ESPNU, ESPN classic, NBA TV, CBS sports net, NFL network, MLB network, etc. You don't have to pay extra to get it on either. If you really wanted to watch something in this day and age it's beyond easy to find out what and where that network is that is showing it.

Don't some systems still have it on a sports tier instead of the regular tier though?

The big 2, Directv and Comcast both have FS1 on their regular tier, not sure about other systems. Wouldn't surprise me if a couple of the smaller systems put it on their sports tier or charged extra for it. That's all the more reason for Fox to dig their heels in and keep LDS series on FS1, have premium content on FS1 and force those smaller systems into putting it on their regular tier. Fox paid good money for the rights and can broadcast it on whichever of their networks they choose, MLB can go count their money for all FOX cares. This is the very reason to buy and place premium content on FS1, to grow that network.

Might be able to get away with that for a few years- but eventually the tv deal comes up- and Fox needs the MLB light years more than MLB needs Fox. So Fox can't just tell MLB to pound sand.
stever20

Postby Jet915 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:55 pm

Westbrook#36 wrote:
stever20 wrote:

The big 2, Directv and Comcast both have FS1 on their regular tier, not sure about other systems. Wouldn't surprise me if a couple of the smaller systems put it on their sports tier or charged extra for it. That's all the more reason for Fox to dig their heels in and keep LDS series on FS1, have premium content on FS1 and force those smaller systems into putting it on their regular tier. Fox paid good money for the rights and can broadcast it on whichever of their networks they choose, MLB can go count their money for all Fox cares. This is the very reason to buy and place premium content on FS1, to grow that network.

FS1 is in 90 million homes so its not like nobody has it. Starting to notice more carriers are adding FS2 which is a great sign.
Jet915

Postby Westbrook#36 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:08 pm

Jet915 wrote:
Westbrook#36 wrote:The big 2, Directv and Comcast both have FS1 on their regular tier, not sure about other systems. Wouldn't surprise me if a couple of the smaller systems put it on their sports tier or charged extra for it. That's all the more reason for Fox to dig their heels in and keep LDS series on FS1, have premium content on FS1 and force those smaller systems into putting it on their regular tier. Fox paid good money for the rights and can broadcast it on whichever of their networks they choose, MLB can go count their money for all Fox cares. This is the very reason to buy and place premium content on FS1, to grow that network.

FS1 is in 90 million homes so its not like nobody has it. Starting to notice more carriers are adding FS2 which is a great sign.

Agreed, few people who want to watch the ALDS on FS1 are unable to, that's the truth.
Westbrook#36

Postby NJRedman » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:31 pm

I love it, the day game didn't get as good of ratings as last years night games! The sky is falling Fox should cancel FS1! We should go crawling back to ESPN hat in hand and hope they give us half of what the A10 get! /Stevers wet dream

Random tweets are proof we're fucked. One guy bitching his work TV doesn't have it! hahaha

Hey it's the f---ing playoffs! You would bitch about the coverage if Fox had won the NBA rights.

It's no ones fault that Texans are retarded and can't find a channel if it's not one of the five they normally switch to.
NJRedman

Postby NJRedman » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:24 pm

Stever if you want to talk shit about us at least be man enough to do it on this board. Why don't you just f---ing stay there since thats where all your fellow AAC fans are. You're a f---ing joke. BTW guys he didn't go to a Big East school but says he's a "casual" Georgetown fan.

Post: #11RE: FS1 MLB ratings way down for game 1 of the LDS
yeah, and that's what the AL playoffs are going up against. The AL has no mainstream teams in the playoffs this year. None. I hear some idiots saying that it's the playoffs- all the games will get great ratings no matter who is playing. That in essence the AL games would get a rub off the NL games. Dumb stuff.

Of course, the ones saying this the most are Big East fans who thinks FS1's crap doesn't stink. I brought up on that board that Fox caught a bad break with the group of teams in the AL playoffs this year. You would have thought that it was treason even saying that.

Oh and btw I just noticed between these two boards you have over 25 THOUSAND posts. Thats truly pathetic.
NJRedman

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board