Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 update

Postby stever20 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:19 pm

MUPanther wrote:
stever20 wrote:interesting. watching the FS1 game today with WVU/Oklahoma- and Dave Fleming is calling. He used to be at ESPN. Pretty darn good pbp guy- one of the better ones IMO. hopefully he'll do some BE games this winter as I think he'd be good on basketball.

It was Joe Davis calling the game with Brady Quinn, not Dave Fleming. :roll: Joe Davis did many Big East games last year.

Dave Fleming is still at the World Wide Leader doing Friday night games with Mack Brown.

my bad. It sure sounded like him. Did a GREAT job nonetheless.
stever20

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MUPanther » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:59 pm

I'm glad FOX got Joe Davis from ESPNU years ago. He has been great doing college football, Big East basketball and MLB on Fox/FS1.
http://www.foxsports.com/presspass/bios ... /joe-davis
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby Jet915 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:38 pm

Fox Sports 2 HD on Verizon FiOS is now activated! My guess is it had something to do with ALDS starting on Thursday (in the event a game ran over....)
Jet915

Postby Hoya Hoya Hoya » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:49 am

Jet915 wrote:Fox Sports 2 HD on Verizon FiOS is now activated! My guess is it had something to do with ALDS starting on Thursday (in the event a game ran over....)

Those fuckers at Comcast still don't even have the channel
@BasketballOP
Hoya Hoya Hoya

Postby stever20 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:04 am

Jet915 wrote:Fox Sports 2 HD on Verizon FiOS is now activated! My guess is it had something to do with ALDS starting on Thursday (in the event a game ran over....)

just looking it would be for either game 1,4,5(4/5 if necessary). Games 2 and 3 one is on FS1, 1 is on MLB network.

Fox got a bad break in that they get the AL this year. NL by far the more interesting group with a New York/Los Angeles series right off the bat, along with quite possibly Chicago/St Louis. AL has a possible final 4 of Houston/Kansas City/Texas/Toronto(about as bad of a final 4 as you could have quite frankly!). Nothing Fox can do about it but man the NL group this year would have been great for Fox to have.
stever20

Postby BigmanU » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:13 am

Hoya Hoya Hoya wrote:

I feel your pain. I'm in the DMV and would be happy to just get standard def. 3 Hoya games air on FS2 this year including the Season Tip-off against Radford!
BigmanU

Postby Hoya Hoya Hoya » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:27 am

BigmanU wrote:
Hoya Hoya Hoya wrote:

I feel your pain. I'm in the DMV and would be happy to just get standard def. 3 Hoya games air on FS2 this year including the Season Tip-off against Radford!

I plan on being at every Hoya home game. I am also trying to do my part to curb the recent declining attendance at the Verizon Center

http://www.meetup.com/Fill-The-Verizon- ... own-Games/

About to start a new thread about dis
@BasketballOP
Hoya Hoya Hoya

Postby MUPanther » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:33 pm

stever20 wrote:

just looking it would be for either game 1,4,5(4/5 if necessary). Games 2 and 3 one is on FS1, 1 is on MLB network.

Fox got a bad break in that they get the AL this year. NL by far the more interesting group with a New York/Los Angeles series right off the bat, along with quite possibly Chicago/St Louis. AL has a possible final 4 of Houston/Kansas City/Texas/Toronto(about as bad of a final 4 as you could have quite frankly!). Nothing Fox can do about it but man the NL group this year would have been great for Fox to have.

Mets/Dodgers and Cardinals and maybe Cubs. TBS hit the jackpot!
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby Jet915 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:27 pm

Houston is beating NY right now. I agree, Houston, KC, Toronto and Texas is quite possibly the worst 4 teams u could come up with ratings wise...
Jet915

Postby stever20 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:16 am

Jet915 wrote:Houston is beating NY right now. I agree, Houston, KC, Toronto and Texas is quite possibly the worst 4 teams u could come up with ratings wise...

yep, with a possible KC/Toronto LCS even. Transposed with what could be THE best case scenario for the NL(can't think of a better setup than NY/LA, Stl/Chi.)
stever20

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board