2022 Big East Tourney Thread- Championship @6pm

The home for Big East hoops

Re: 2022 Big East Tourney Thread- Sold Out Quarterfinals tod

Postby hoops22 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:59 pm

On a positive note, have to give the Johnnies credit for not folding once they blew the big lead. I thought Nova would win by double digits at that point, but they hung tough and could easily have won at the end. For whatever reason, the basketball gods continue to hate us, and torture us at every opportunity.
hoops22

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby sju88grad » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:03 pm

hoops22 wrote:On a positive note, have to give the Johnnies credit for not folding once they blew the big lead. I thought Nova would win by double digits at that point, but they hung tough and could easily have won at the end. For whatever reason, the basketball gods continue to hate us, and torture us at every opportunity.

So. Very. True.
sju88grad

Postby SJUBBALL » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:11 pm

hoops22 wrote:On a positive note, have to give the Johnnies credit for not folding once they blew the big lead. I thought Nova would win by double digits at that point, but they hung tough and could easily have won at the end. For whatever reason, the basketball gods continue to hate us, and torture us at every opportunity.

This would mean a lot more if we were a young team building towards something. Unfortunately in college basketball nowadays, you kinda just expect mass exodus at the start of the offseason. Hope that doesn’t happen, but one thing for sure… #2 is gone
SJUBBALL

Postby billyjack » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:30 pm

Final game tonight, UConn looking good with 8 minutes left. Seton Hall just drilled a couple of threes though to cut it to 11.

No bye and tired legs though for The Hall.

Always love the last game in the quarterfinals, closing in on midnight, after an incredible day of hoops.
Providence
billyjack

Postby Jet915 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:09 am

billyjack wrote:Final game tonight, UConn looking good with 8 minutes left. Seton Hall just drilled a couple of threes though to cut it to 11.

Always love the last game in the quarterfinals, closing in on midnight, after an incredible day of hoops.

BET is the best. After the game they switch to Pac-12 where there is no one in the upper deck in Vegas...
Jet915

Postby billyjack » Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:00 am

Jet915 wrote:
billyjack wrote:Final game tonight, UConn looking good with 8 minutes left. Seton Hall just drilled a couple of threes though to cut it to 11.

BET is the best. After the game they switch to Pac-12 where there is no one in the upper deck in Vegas...

Yes, exactly.
Also, in the BET it's like from the opening tip every possession is critical and every point is earned.
Providence
billyjack

Postby ecasadoSBU » Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:22 am

In New York, the ACC tournament lives in the shadow of the league it decimated

Read more at: https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/col ... rylink=cpy
Stony Brook Red, Connecticut Blue, and Big East basketball!
ecasadoSBU

Postby ecasadoSBU » Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:33 am

Tonight I lost the little voice I had left rooting for the Johnies. By the time the UConn game started I was emotionally and physically drained.

As a New Yorker I always root for the Johnies whenever there isn't a conflict (v. UConn/Stony Brook) but darn.. what a freaking heartbreak! I really thought they had this one. We were running chants up in the nosebleeds only to see them fall apart. So close. Julian played his heart out on back-to-back nights but he eventually cooled off a bit (I expected that) and there wasn't anyone else to maintain the offensive pace. With that said - They gave it all and kept it close to the very end.

This team didn't live up to its potential. Too much talent. Its inexplicable
Stony Brook Red, Connecticut Blue, and Big East basketball!
ecasadoSBU

Re: 2022 Big East Tourney Thread- Semifinals @6pm

Postby Omaha1 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:51 am

Should be a fun day. Jays are playing with house money and appear to have locked up an ncaa bid. Can’t afford anyone to get hurt today - was worried briefly yesterday that O’Connell might’ve done something serious.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Re: 2022 Big East Tourney Thread- Semifinals @6pm

Postby MUPanther » Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:56 am

Great seeing Steve Lavin live in studio on Fox and Friends this morning. Previewing the semi's tonight. Breaking down Providence, Creighton. UConn and Villanova.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board