UConn 2020 Discussion - The Thread By AAC Fan Sam Elliott...

The home for Big East hoops

Re: UConn 2020 Discussion - The Thread By AAC Fan Sam Elliot

Postby Xudash » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:11 pm

Savannah Jay wrote:
Bogg wrote:
Savannah Jay wrote:Fact is, only one AAC school makes money on football and they (UCF) barely do.

I'm not sure they do. UCF's athletic department has a significant subsidy from the school that they include in their "revenue". Now, for UCF it's probably worth the expense, but it's still an expense.

Yeah...i missed that the amount of "total allocated" is almost half of their revenue. It's a HUGE school so I assume they have student fees that augment the actual football revenue. Thanks for the catch as it makes the AAC football, and our "University of Cincinnati Football" business (and its $29M in "allocated" revenue), picture even shittier.

Cheers.

THAT was the point I was making to this dipstick. Understanding that he doesn't do very well with facts and data, let's still hit him between the eyes with some: https://www.boldlybankrupt.com/
XAVIER
Xudash

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Fieldhouse Flyer » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:18 pm

UConn's Gilbert makes expected decision to transfer

STORRS, Conn. (AP) -- UConn point guard Alterique Gilbert is transferring from the program, the school announced Thursday.

Gilbert, who was honored on senior night, still has one year of eligibility after shoulder injuries limited him to just nine games over his first two seasons at Connecticut. He lost his job as a starter in the middle of this past season but still played an average of more than 27 minutes a game and averaged 8.5 points and 3.6 assists in helping the Huskies to a 19-12 record.

Coach Dan Hurley praised Gilbert as a selfless and courageous leader who needs a fresh start.

https://sports.yahoo.com/uconns-gilbert ... ncaab.html
Fieldhouse Flyer

Postby Fieldhouse Flyer » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:56 pm

Another bad day for the AAC.

Wichita State Shockers Stats 2019-20

Six Wichita State Shockers have entered the transfer portal – March 19, 2020
WICHITA, Kan. - There will be a lot of new faces on the Wichita State basketball team next year.

Six scholarship players and walk-on Tate Busse are all leaving the program.

A day after WSU's season ended, five Shockers have decided to leave the men's basketball team.

According to ESPN's Jeff Borzello and Verbal Commits, Jamarius Burton, Erik Stevenson, Noah Fernandes, Tate Busse, and Deantoni Gordon have entered the transfer portal. The large exit of players continued after that group.

WSU freshman guard Grant Sherfield entered the portal on Monday, and sophomore center Morris Udeze joined him on Thursday.

Gregg Marshall has said this team had issues within the locker room regarding ego and attitude. In February, he said this was the most he's ever had to be a psychologist as well as a head coach.

"This is the most," said Marshall. "I don’t know why other than they’re pretty young. Most I’ve ever dealt with things like this."

Who recruited these guys in the first place?

AAC basketball will look a lot different next season with UConn missing and most of Gregg Marshall’s team missing.
Fieldhouse Flyer

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:35 pm

I'll put this here with the other foreigners...

S'cuse is losing 4 players as well. The Bayheim bus has flat tires. Always good to see S'cuse having problems.
Problems that a big check can't fix. They had a great year: 18-14 year (11-10 in-conference) :lol:

https://www.nunesmagician.com/2020/3/20 ... swell-ncaa

https://www.nunesmagician.com/2020/3/20 ... -additions
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby FriarJ » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:28 pm

You guys should really check out their board. This conference is full of accomplish nothing mediocre teams outside of Nova that only were allowed to get good because UConn, Cuse, Pitt and Louisville are no longer there and now UConn is coming to take their rightful place on the throne by taking advantage of the BE’s bloated rankings.

I wish I was kidding, but I’m not.
FriarJ

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:13 pm

FriarJ wrote:You guys should really check out their board. This conference is full of accomplish nothing mediocre teams outside of Nova that only were allowed to get good because UConn, Cuse, Pitt and Louisville are no longer there and now UConn is coming to take their rightful place on the throne by taking advantage of the BE’s bloated rankings.

I wish I was kidding, but I’m not.

handdownmandown » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:27 am
handdownmandown wrote:That’s ok.

Gtmo has been saying for years we need a Bonaventure-esque doormat to sop up losses while propping up conference records of everyone else.

He will be thrilled to have you.

Well! Welcome back uconn. Nice to know what the bulk of your fans are thinking. Nice of you to volunteer to take X's place as the team everyone hates...until you
can muster a team "to take their rightful place on the throne".

I have to admire the moxie, the chutzpah, of your fanbase. Although they are a bit nearsighted if they think all 10 of us are just gonna bend over and say BOHICA. I am
betting that your "rightful place" will be with DePaul for a few years. Then maybe midpack for a few years. It's gonna be fun making new "Friends" in connecticutt. :lol: ;)

RDJ ;)
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby Husky_U » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:05 pm

Some BY'ers still think we should have stayed in the superior AAC. Most sane posters over there think Nova and Creighton will be the class of the Big East next season and UCONN will be in the next grouping of 4 schools. Most early projections have us as a Top 30 team so I don't think that's very far-fetched.
Husky_U

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board