The Case for Dayton

The home for Big East hoops

Re: The Case for Dayton

Postby Jet915 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:25 pm

Louisville makes 25 million in profit a year off basketball, hot damn. I'd be interested to see the Big East numbers but I doubt most of the schools disclose this kind of info.

Looks like Dayton will make Elite 8......question is, if they somehow get to the Final Four, does that drastically change things as far as expansion? It might...
Jet915

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Bill Marsh » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:40 pm

Jet915 wrote:
Looks like Dayton will make Elite 8......question is, if they somehow get to the Final Four, does that drastically change things as far as expansion? It might...

Their profile should be elevated by this run regardless of whether they make the Final Four.
Bill Marsh

Postby Jet915 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:42 pm

Bill Marsh wrote:
Jet915 wrote:

Their profile should be elevated by this run regardless of whether they make the Final Four.

Definitely elevated, but Final Four is alot different than Elite 8 IMO. Final Four is something people remember, not Elite 8 not so much (I know the difference is one game but it is what it is).
Jet915

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:46 pm

Dayton and Saint Louis. Make it happen, Val!
GoldenWarrior11

Postby Bill Marsh » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:47 pm

Jet915 wrote:
Bill Marsh wrote:
Jet915 wrote:

Definitely elevated, but Final Four is alot different than Elite 8 IMO. Final Four is something people remember, not Elite 8 not so much (I know the difference is one game but it is what it is).

No doubt.
Bill Marsh

Postby Jet915 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:54 pm

If they make the Final Four, I think it will really help. They are an institutional fit for sure. Their two negatives was proximity to Xavier and lack of NCAA success. Final Four pretty much erases one negative. If they make Final Four, invite them along with SLU. This keeps it private, adds two solid programs. SLU is rebuilding next year but having a good Dayton team returning will help offset that and you add two "institutional fits." I think it was between Dayton, VCU and Richmond for #12 anyways, minus well just add them now if the make the Final Four.
Jet915

WHY NOT UD?

Postby murphy » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:23 pm

I am so so so glad UD was not invited to BE.

its like when you make a offer on a house that you didnt want anyway and when you dont get it, breathe a sign of relief

no buyers remorse here, dont have to live with the Fox radical right for 10 years

just like 68' going to the championship game, except this time there is no Lew Alcindor in the way
murphy

Re: WHY NOT UD?

Postby DudeAnon » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:30 pm

Act like you've been there before Dayton, even if it was over 30 years ago..
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby augkash » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:32 pm

Ignore him he just a troll and probably not a ud fan.
augkash

Postby Flyer_meh » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:32 pm

As a fellow Flyer fan I know you are very excited and hyped on adrenaline and probably some other assorted chemicals but let me be the first to say bad form, bad form. First of all; Dayton would trip over themselves to get an invite to the new BE. Second of all; shame on you for pulling politics into this issue. And third, act like you've been there before. We have been there before, it's just been 30 yrs.
Flyer_meh

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board