Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 update

Postby bmorex » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:18 pm

Jet915 wrote:Another little Big East nugget from this article:

Ford will continue to be the exclusive automotive sponsor of the "Ford Fox NFL Sunday" and "Ford Fox College Football" pregame shows. But it's also agreed to title sponsor the pregame show for FS1's Big East college basketball coverage coming fall, according to Mr. Evans.

Sweet! A Big East pregame show, I wonder who the analysts will be....

http://adage.com/article/media/fox-sports-1-advertisers-hit-90-million-homes-saturday/243689/?utm_source=Media&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+AdvertisingAge/Media

This is great news. I was wondering when we'd hear about if they'd have a College Basketball Live type pre/post-game show. I hope they get some good analysts.
bmorex

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Jet915 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:42 pm

bmorex wrote:
Jet915 wrote:Another little Big East nugget from this article:

Ford will continue to be the exclusive automotive sponsor of the "Ford Fox NFL Sunday" and "Ford Fox College Football" pregame shows. But it's also agreed to title sponsor the pregame show for FS1's Big East college basketball coverage coming fall, according to Mr. Evans.

Sweet! A Big East pregame show, I wonder who the analysts will be....

http://adage.com/article/media/fox-sports-1-advertisers-hit-90-million-homes-saturday/243689/?utm_source=Media&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+AdvertisingAge/Media

This is great news. I was wondering when we'd hear about if they'd have a College Basketball Live type pre/post-game show. I hope they get some good analysts.

Can't be worse than Digger...
Jet915

Postby Bulldog_Muskie » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:33 am

Anyone know if they'll have a streaming service ala watchESPN?
Butler University '13
Xavier University '15
Bulldog_Muskie

Postby lukecu » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:46 am

yes they will. it will be called fox sports go and should launch this month as well.
Nebraska raised, Creighton by choice!
lukecu

Postby Dew » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:24 am

lukecu wrote:yes they will. it will be called fox sports go and should launch this month as well.

This will be great.
Dew

Postby Chalmers0 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:13 am

http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2013/aug ... eared.html

Pretty crazy that Fox just decided to stay at the 23 cent subscriber rate, good for viewers though (for now). I figured they lowered their demands drastically when they seemed to reach deals with the 4 major remaining providers at once but didn't think it would stay at the original rate. I'm hoping this doesn't lead to a holdout down the road though (like with TWC and CBS or Pac12Network and DirecTV). I guess if FS1 gets the ratings they are hoping for they will have the leverage they need down the road.
Chalmers0

Postby nathanhm » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:21 am

Leverage exists with the network when they have viewers - FS1 has to earn that leverage and with their TV rights I think it will be easy. The UFC and NASCAR crowd are vocal passionate fans. Combine that with MLB, Champions League, and college sports from major conferences and you're going to have a bunch of people who can only get their fix from FS1.
nathanhm

Postby MUSeashells&Balloons » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:05 am

Unfortunately it sounds like we will not be getting a mobile app from the get go after all. Sounds like it will be pretty great though.

http://www.multichannel.com/technology/tv-everywhere-service-wont-go-along-fox-sports-1-launch/144979
Coach Al Mcguire:
"I like seashells and balloons, ribbons and medals, bare feet and wet grass."
"When I'm losing, they call me nuts. When I'm winning, they call me eccentric."
"Queen of victory, pray for us."
MUSeashells&Balloons

Postby Jet915 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:55 pm

Fox going with the low rate is a long term play. They need to get into the 90 million households and develop a fan base for the channel. Once that happens, they can increase their rates. I think it was a smart decision. Also, alot of their content and advertising requires a certain number of viewership in order to be shown on FS1. Starting the channel in only 40 million homes would have been disastrous as no one would be able to watch it and it would be a PR nightmare. This way, everyone can see the channel, the content is there and over time, the rates will go up. It is hard for the distributors to take away a channel once it is established.
Jet915

Postby MUSeashells&Balloons » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:31 pm

Jet915 wrote: It is hard for the distributors to take away a channel once it is established.

Unless of course it is CBS :lol:
Coach Al Mcguire:
"I like seashells and balloons, ribbons and medals, bare feet and wet grass."
"When I'm losing, they call me nuts. When I'm winning, they call me eccentric."
"Queen of victory, pray for us."
MUSeashells&Balloons

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board