Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 update

Postby stever20 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:03 am

hoyahooligan wrote:Both boxing and UFC are barbaric and should be done away with. Especially with the concerns for concussions. I think we as a society ought to be beyond watching people beat each other up for entertainment.

That being said, I'm fine with FS1 profiting from it while it's still allowed. I think the sports are reprehensible, but I'm a practical person, so I'm fine with making money off of it until it's outlawed.

The question that I wonder is FS1 getting the casual fans they should be getting as a result of being in bed with the UFC as much as they are. It seems like every week there's something UFC out there on FS1- and most weeks a lot of stuff on FS1 from UFC.
stever20

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby admin » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:35 am

Jet915 wrote:
billyjack wrote:
Doge McDermott wrote:So, what's the under/over on Bill Simmons signing with Fox?

That would be a great hire.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/05/09/sp ... .html?_r=0

ESPN trying to spin it as if they decided to let him go.
Pretty clear at this point that Simmons hates ESPN's guts.

I remember he was cracking alot of jokes about FS1 when it came out.

Simmons agrees to deal with HBO.
admin
Site Admin

Postby whiteandblue77 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:41 am

who cares about this person, who is just one more of just about ALL of ESPN announcers who are unwatchable IMHO. VERY glad he won't be on FS1 and that he will be on the only channel with worse sports personalities (besides Gumble, who doesn't really do any reporting anymore anyway) than ESPN--HBO. I would NEVER pay for HBO ever again.

ESPN and HBO must be run by the slimiest scums in NY and Hollywood. You can feel their grotesqueness oozin its way out of all their original programming.
The Big East is Dead! Long Live the Big East!
whiteandblue77

Postby stever20 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:22 am

saw the USGA announced 3 opens for the early 20's...

starting in 2018, they are going to alternate east/west opens.
2016 Oakmont,PA
2017 Erin HIlls,WI
2018 Shinnecock Hills,NY
2019 Pebble Beach, CA
2020 Winged Foot in NY
2021 Torrey Pines, CA
2022 Brookline,MA
2023 Los Angeles, CA
2024 Pinehurst,NC (will be 25 year anniversary of Payne Stewart).

so every other year Fox will be able to do prime time coverage.
stever20

Postby HoosierPal » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:28 pm

Jet915 wrote:Colin Cowherd is leaving ESPN and rumors are that he is coming to Fox. Would be a great get IMO.

He did it again, "It wasn't only Dominicans who were offended by Cowherd's implication that players from that nation are not smart. The players association has not issued a formal statement, but a person close to the union assailed Cowherd's professionalism and termed the comments ignorant and offensive."

You really want him on Fox?
HoosierPal

Postby stever20 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:29 pm

HoosierPal wrote:
Jet915 wrote:Colin Cowherd is leaving ESPN and rumors are that he is coming to Fox. Would be a great get IMO.

He did it again, "It wasn't only Dominicans who were offended by Cowherd's implication that players from that nation are not smart. The players association has not issued a formal statement, but a person close to the union assailed Cowherd's professionalism and termed the comments ignorant and offensive."

MLB itself condemned the statement.....

You just wonder with Fox having as much of MLB as they do if this could be a situation where Fox backs off. It wouldn't be a shock.
stever20

Postby stever20 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:48 pm

just saw that ESPN isn't going to have him on the air any more.
stever20

Postby stever20 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:55 pm

Furthermore, they have taken off his show off the ESPN.com radio shows page.

from awful announcing:
http://awfulannouncing.com/2015/espn-is ... e-air.html
stever20

Postby HoosierPal » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:03 pm

stever20 wrote:
HoosierPal wrote:

MLB itself condemned the statement.....

You just wonder with Fox having as much of MLB as they do if this could be a situation where Fox backs off. It wouldn't be a shock.

Officially canned today, or rather "pulled off the air".

Here is what MLB said “Major League Baseball condemns the remarks made by Colin Cowherd, which were inappropriate, offensive and completely inconsistent with the values of our game,’’ the statement said. “Mr. Cowherd owes our players of Dominican origin, and Dominican people generally, an apology.”
HoosierPal

Postby NJRedman » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:17 pm

whiteandblue77 wrote:who cares about this person, who is just one more of just about ALL of ESPN announcers who are unwatchable IMHO. VERY glad he won't be on FS1 and that he will be on the only channel with worse sports personalities (besides Gumble, who doesn't really do any reporting anymore anyway) than ESPN--HBO. I would NEVER pay for HBO ever again.

ESPN and HBO must be run by the slimiest scums in NY and Hollywood. You can feel their grotesqueness oozin its way out of all their original programming.

Lighten up Francis. Geez you must be fun at parties.

Seriously, no one cares that you don't watch HBO. The rest of us are enjoying their quality programs like Game of Thrones and Silicon Valley.

Your post reeks of someone who has never been to either NYC or LA and has this image in their heads of people from these cities and how immoral and dirty they are. hahaha Stay in your bubble, we don't want you out here anyway.

Signed,
A former New Yorker and current Angelino who works in TV
NJRedman

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board