51. DePaul
60. Creighton
75. Seton Hall
101. UConn
193. St. John's
211. Butler
275. Georgetown

Seems Uncle Git may have erred in panning our non-con schedule. :lol:

Providence is up to #16 today. Marquette, Xavier and Providence all might have a chance to break into the AP Top 25 if they win this weekend. I'll do another post on that tomorrow.

what is funny is DePaul has a real shot to get some votes if they were to win this weekend vs Loyola.

Yep, 9 teams have the potential to RV this weekend. Pretty huge weekend for the league.
Johnnies
adoraz

Re: Rankings for 2021-22

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby kayako » Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:16 pm

I think DePaul got pretty decent number of votes 2 seasons ago when they were slaying Iowa, Minnesota, Texas Tech, and a couple more power conference teams.
supernova
kayako

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:02 am

Hmmm. Hey fellas.

Evening Bexu. I have issues remembering what I did yesterday, notwithstanding what I said or did weeks ago!
However, although I may have issued some caution irt the Muskies, based on last years performance, I do recall
stating how torn I was in this year’s prediction for them. I picked them 5th in the BE/NCAA bid this season. I also stated that I had initially picked them 2nd, then 3rd (based on talent, transfers, & depth), before settling them at 5th due to my
uncertainty regarding the team’s ability to gel all the new players, to find some fortitude, and whether they could regain some normal/traditional Xavier toughness.

I am happy to see this success thus far and I hope it continues.

Old guard members lament Gtwn, StJ, other long-standing members under-performing.
I lament under-performances from Butler, lil Cr8n, & Xavier. It’s a holdover Midwestern bias
from my 30 years as an Independent and later 35 years in the MVC. Leopards can’t change their spots!

Respect to all. git...
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby adoraz » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:31 pm

Teams with a chance to remain/get ranked (or RV) next Monday:
#6 Villanova- W @ Pennsylvania, Vs Saint Joseph's- would definitely remain ranked with 1 W (clinched)
#17 UConn- W Vs Maryland-Eastern Shore, Vs Grambling- would definitely remain ranked with 2 Ws
#25 Seton Hall- W vs Wagner, Vs Nyack College- would likely remain ranked with 2 Ws

#32 Xavier- W vs Central Michigan, @ Oklahoma State- would possibly get ranked with 2 Ws
#34 Marquette- W Vs Jackson State, @ #23 Wisconsin- would likely get ranked with 2 Ws

Creighton- W Vs North Dakota State, Vs 19 Iowa State- would possibly get ranked with 2 Ws
Providence- W Vs Texas Tech, Vs Rhode Island- would possibly get ranked with 2 Ws
St. John's- Vs #8 Kansas, Vs Fordham- would definitely RV with 2 Ws
DePaul- Vs Loyola Chicago- would likely RV with 1 W

Butler- no chance
Georgetown- no chance

Potential for 9 teams to RV by Monday. Most likely scenario would be 2 to 4 teams ranked (Hall might fall out, why did they schedule a D2 team? lol) with 2-4 teams RV. Everyone but Nova still waiting on outcomes from games this weekend, and Nova might be able to get back into the top 5.
Johnnies
adoraz

Postby stever20 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:42 pm

adoraz wrote:Teams with a chance to remain/get ranked (or RV) next Monday:
#6 Villanova- W @ Pennsylvania, Vs Saint Joseph's- would definitely remain ranked with 1 W (clinched)
#17 UConn- W Vs Maryland-Eastern Shore, Vs Grambling- would definitely remain ranked with 2 Ws
#25 Seton Hall- W vs Wagner, Vs Nyack College- would likely remain ranked with 2 Ws

#32 Xavier- W vs Central Michigan, @ Oklahoma State- would possibly get ranked with 2 Ws
#34 Marquette- W Vs Jackson State, @ #23 Wisconsin- would likely get ranked with 2 Ws

Creighton- W Vs North Dakota State, Vs 19 Iowa State- would possibly get ranked with 2 Ws
Providence- W Vs Texas Tech, Vs Rhode Island- would possibly get ranked with 2 Ws

Butler- no chance
Georgetown- no chance

Potential for 9 teams to RV by Monday. Most likely scenario would be 2 to 4 teams ranked (Hall might fall out, why did they schedule a D2 team? lol) with 2-4 teams RV. Everyone but Nova still waiting on outcomes from games this weekend, and Nova might be able to get back into the top 5.

you know me, I like to look what is around 25...
teams ranked above that should fall out-
Memphis 18(they look like a total dumpster fire)
Michigan 24(another dumpster fire)

teams ranked below that should join for sure-
Ohio St 29 beat Duke, has Penn St

teams ranked below that could join-
Illinois 26 beat Notre Dame, has Rutgers
St Bonaventure 27 beat Coppin St, has Buffalo
LSU 28 beat Ohio
Xavier 32 beat Central Michigan has Oklahoma St
Marquette 34 would replace 21 Wisconsin if they win
Iowa 35 beat Virginia, playing #2 Purdue tonight
North Carolina 35 beat 24 Michigan, plays Ga Tech Sunday

my hunch is Seton Hall will be on that 25/26 cut line(they were 25 AP/26 coaches).

I think Nova and UConn remain ranked....
Marquette in with win.
stever20

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:08 pm

adoraz wrote:Teams with a chance to remain/get ranked (or RV) next Monday:

Butler- no chance
Georgetown- no chance

I can see X & Marquette potentially moving up - provided there are losses in the current Top 18-25. I doubt Prov & Cr8n have any shot at getting ranked - unless all hell breaks loose in the TOP 25, although both should RV.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby adoraz » Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:09 pm

I agree most likely they wouldn't be ranked, but definitely would RV at least. Providence has had a great yet under the radar resume. As for Lil Creighton, they'd be 8-1 with a Top 25 win. AP voters pay attention to the Top 25 games (but not much outside them).
Johnnies
adoraz

Postby kayako » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:13 pm

Should be an interesting day tomorrow for the rankings. SH, Xavier, and Providence should all be near top 30 even if they aren't ranked. And of course the NET will debut.
supernova
kayako

Postby stever20 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:16 pm

Seth Davis did his AP Vote reveal.
Nova #2
Seton Hall #14
UConn #17
stever20

Postby adoraz » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:26 pm

I'm thinking the same 3 teams will be ranked with Xavier just outside the rankings. Lots of missed opportunities, but it happens.

More interesting is that we'll finally get the NET rankings. I'm hoping the league overall will be top 3 or top 4 at worst.

Johnnies' NET ranking I expect to be pretty bad.
Johnnies
adoraz

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board