Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 update

Postby Jet915 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:14 pm

I've read a few articles stating that Fox Sports 2 will be added by those 3 as well. Not sure which ones had Fuel TV prior but that probably was part of the negotiations as well. Fuel only had like 35 million viewers, that number might be alot higher now.
Jet915

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby dmac80 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:15 pm

Over on one of the PC forums, someone mentioned that word is PC will be on national TV on FS1 (or 2) a total of 24 times including all 18 conference games. Does that jive with what others have gathered? Will all conference games be shown on Fox Sports new channels? If so this is huge for all the BE programs.
Let's Go FRIARS!
dmac80

Postby Jet915 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:19 pm

dmac80 wrote:Over on one of the PC forums, someone mentioned that word is PC will be on national TV on FS1 (or 2) a total of 24 times including all 18 conference games. Does that jive with what others have gathered? Will all conference games be shown on Fox Sports new channels? If so this is huge for all the BE programs.

Our AD stated that ALL Big East conference games will be on FS1. Not sure if that is possible or not, or if some of the games might be farmed to CBS, ESPN, Yes etc.....we'll probably find out in a week or two. I kinda hope that some of the games will be farmed out to other networks, CBS and ESPN said they were interested in purchasing some games. Variety on different platforms is always nice. Can't complain though, never thought Creighton would ever be in 90 million homes over 20 times in a year.
Jet915

Postby dmac80 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:33 pm

Jet915 wrote:
dmac80 wrote:Over on one of the PC forums, someone mentioned that word is PC will be on national TV on FS1 (or 2) a total of 24 times including all 18 conference games. Does that jive with what others have gathered? Will all conference games be shown on Fox Sports new channels? If so this is huge for all the BE programs.

Our AD stated that ALL Big East conference games will be on FS1. Not sure if that is possible or not, or if some of the games might be farmed to CBS, ESPN, Yes etc.....we'll probably find out in a week or two. I kinda hope that some of the games will be farmed out to other networks, CBS and ESPN said they were interested in purchasing some games. Variety on different platforms is always nice. Can't complain though, never thought Creighton would ever be in 90 million homes over 20 times in a year.

Yes if they get farmed out even better, but if that is true that is a huge huge win. Especially for programs not used to being on TV that much. PC has been really down for the last decade, so I understand why our only national TV time was a couple (2 or 3) games against the power teams from the conference. This should help in so many ways to improve the program and the league.
Let's Go FRIARS!
dmac80

Postby Jet915 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:17 pm

Another little Big East nugget from this article:

Ford will continue to be the exclusive automotive sponsor of the "Ford Fox NFL Sunday" and "Ford Fox College Football" pregame shows. But it's also agreed to title sponsor the pregame show for FS1's Big East college basketball coverage coming fall, according to Mr. Evans.

Sweet! A Big East pregame show, I wonder who the analysts will be....

http://adage.com/article/media/fox-sports-1-advertisers-hit-90-million-homes-saturday/243689/?utm_source=Media&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+AdvertisingAge/Media
Jet915

Postby Bluejay » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:40 pm

Jet915 wrote:Another little Big East nugget from this article:

Ford will continue to be the exclusive automotive sponsor of the "Ford Fox NFL Sunday" and "Ford Fox College Football" pregame shows. But it's also agreed to title sponsor the pregame show for FS1's Big East college basketball coverage coming fall, according to Mr. Evans.

I guess that means that Detroit just jumped to the top of the list of potential expansion candidates! :lol:
Bluejay

Postby Polyfro » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:57 pm

Jet915 wrote:

Ras did say FS1 was contractually obligated to show all conference games, but that was before FS2 was announced. It depends on how the contract is worded (i.e. is it contractual that all conference games are on FS1 or merely on a Fox property?), but my guess -- and it's just a guess -- is some lower-tier games will get shipped off to FS2. Other than the fact that FS2 is in significantly fewer homes at launch, I don't think it's a big deal if some games are shown there instead of the flagship.
News & Commentary on Creighton Sports | www.whiteandbluereview.com
Polyfro

Postby Dew » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:07 pm

It's going to be hard to reprogram my fingers from switching to ESPN but I'm going to make the effort.
Dew

Postby Jet915 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:10 pm

Dew wrote:It's going to be hard to reprogram my fingers from switching to ESPN but I'm going to make the effort.

Starting August 17th, I'm done watching ESPN unless it's a specific game. No more of their other programming.
Jet915

Postby bmorex » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:17 pm

FOX Sports 1 ‏@FOXSports1 1h

Still wondering what channel to find us on? Click this link: http://foxsports1.channelfinder.net/iFrameDemo.asp and enter your information! #The1IsHere
bmorex

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board