Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 update

Postby XtoDC » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:31 pm

marquette wrote:
R Jay wrote:
bmorex wrote:I have read/heard from friends who watch golf nothing but negative views on their coverage this weekend.

People don't like change. It's been on NBC for years and now it's moved over to a different network. Some still hate the NBA on ESPN and wish it would move back to NBC.

Hey man, I grew up on roundball rock.

XtoDC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby stever20 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:35 pm

shoot, I still remember the old NBA on CBS stuff from back in the 80's.
stever20

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:01 pm

GoldenWarrior11

Postby stever20 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:25 pm

I actually disagree. The news updates- I've never looked at those as being all that important. I think they were thinking it would set them apart from ESPN- but it never really took- like a lot of things at FS1..

As far as the live reporting for events they don't have the rights to- Outside of maybe a few interviews, I don't think it matters if the talking heads are talking in Cleveland or in Los Angeles(to just use the NBA finals as an example). And they can do the interviews via satellite.

I think this is one thing where it really looks a lot worse than it really is. I don't think the casual fan will notice much of a difference quite frankly.
stever20

Postby NovaBall » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:48 am

The news shows are boring.

More live content is what is needed.

Between the U.S. open and women's world cup, fox sports dominated the month of June. I'm sure the ratings don't show that, but they are gaining new viewers at every corner.

In 3 more years our ratings should be where they need to be.
NovaBall

Postby stever20 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:14 am

NovaBall wrote:The news shows are boring.

More live content is what is needed.

Between the U.S. open and women's world cup, fox sports dominated the month of June. I'm sure the ratings don't show that, but they are gaining new viewers at every corner.

In 3 more years our ratings should be where they need to be.

The top 6 rated events of June still were the 6 NBA Finals games. So kind of tough to dominate the month when you don't have the top event of the entire month.

I think fox got unlucky that their first US Open was on such a gimmicky course as Chambers Bay. I watched a decent amount of the Senior US Open this weekend, and thought Fox's graphics, etc. were even better on a "regular" course.
stever20

Postby hoyahooligan » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:17 pm

stever20 wrote:

I actually disagree. The news updates- I've never looked at those as being all that important. I think they were thinking it would set them apart from ESPN- but it never really took- like a lot of things at FS1..

As far as the live reporting for events they don't have the rights to- Outside of maybe a few interviews, I don't think it matters if the talking heads are talking in Cleveland or in Los Angeles(to just use the NBA finals as an example). And they can do the interviews via satellite.

I think this is one thing where it really looks a lot worse than it really is. I don't think the casual fan will notice much of a difference quite frankly.

Who are you and what have you done with stever? :D
hoyahooligan

Postby NovaBall » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:45 am

I don't watch MLB and I don't watch NBA. No need for espn to enjoy the NFL. And my college hoops watching is mainly FS1 or cbssn. I have been espn-free for a while now. It's nice.
NovaBall

Postby Omaha1 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:16 pm

I'm guessing FS1 is pretty darn happy with the women's world cup. It will be interesting to see what their ratings are.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby stever20 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:25 pm

Omaha1 wrote:I'm guessing FS1 is pretty darn happy with the women's world cup. It will be interesting to see what their ratings are.

I think they are happy, but considering they only got 2 of the 7 US games (the other 5 on Big Fox), it's not the game changer that it could have been if the US had fallen on the other half of the bracket for example where those games would all be on FS1- they would have gotten if the US had won 2 extra FS1 games.
stever20

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board