Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 update

Postby stever20 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:40 am

cujaysfan wrote:
stever20 wrote:Fox gets unlucky with the US Open with Tiger and McElroy bombing out and almost certainly out over the weekend now.

yeah, wow. that US open was the worst - no one watched that finish.

and rory - another spot on prediction

I mistook McElroy and Fowler....

And sorry, but if you think the numbers would not have been bigger if Tiger had been in there, I don't know what to say. Tiger still matters when he's in contention.
stever20

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Hoopfan » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:22 pm

I dont watch golf but since my dad is visiting we watched golf. For the zero knowledge I have i liked the broadcast on Sunday. The no commercials the final 5 holes didnt hurt either.

Also, dont lump us all with a few people from dayton. We have our own trolls that are "dayton fans" on our own boards
Hoopfan

Postby cujaysfan » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:45 pm

and sorry if you think that the ratings wouldn't have been bigger x 1000 if jack nicklaus had been in contention over the weekend

but no one expected that to happen

just as no one who actually follows golf expected Tiger to have any shot last weekend.

but keep on keepin on with your anti BE/Fox narrative...
cujaysfan

Postby NovaBall » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:56 am

stever20 wrote:
cujaysfan wrote:
stever20 wrote:Fox gets unlucky with the US Open with Tiger and McElroy bombing out and almost certainly out over the weekend now.

yeah, wow. that US open was the worst - no one watched that finish.

and rory - another spot on prediction

I mistook McElroy and Fowler....

And sorry, but if you think the numbers would not have been bigger if Tiger had been in there, I don't know what to say. Tiger still matters when he's in contention.

Holy crap, this guy is like a broken record.

ThatUS Open was awesome. New flavor to it, prime time coverage, amazing home stretch. Sorry Jack Nicklaus wasn't in it to boost the ratings.

And women's World Cup coverage has been well above expectations. Really enjoying that tourney.
NovaBall

Postby stever20 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:31 pm

Prime time coverage isn't new to fox. US Open a couple of other times was prime time- just 3 years ago when it was in San Francisco it was prime time. Pebble Beach was prime time. Torrey Pines prime time.

I've actually said that I thought Fox did a pretty good job with it. I'm in the minority looking at all the reviews pretty much. I guess they must all hate fox too.

ratings weren't great at all for it either....4th rd got 4.2 rating and 6.7 million viewers average. Up 40/46 percent from 2014 on the east coast(so not in prime time). BUT- down 30% from 2012, the last time on the west coast when got 6.0 rating and 9.6 million viewers.

for the tourney averaged 3.5 million viewers all 4 rounds. Up 40% from last year. But down 27% from 2012.

And for those that don't think there's a Tiger factor. The first round jumped to a 13 year high in viewership.
stever20

Postby Jet915 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:08 pm

4.7 million watched the USA vs. COLUMBIA match, 3rd highest viewership in FS1 history.
Jet915

Postby Hall2012 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:13 pm

Seton Hall got some nice face time during FS1 women's world cup coverage, with SHU legend Kelly Smith being one of their analysts.

http://www.shupirates.com/collegesports ... dia=498881
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby NovaBall » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:41 pm

NovaBall wrote:
stever20 wrote:I think it's kind of interesting and different them putting the times in PT rather than ET. Don't remember that before.

The greatest U.S. open ever played in prime time. Tiger v Rocco at torrey pines

Did Stever just try to teach me when the U.S. open was played in prime time? This after he admitted he doesn't ever remember it in prime time? Now he's trying to act like he's something he knows well and blah blah blah.

Stever, we get it. You heart espn and love yor dayton flyers. Your dayton flyers are never getting invited to the big east, so stop being jealous. You should start rooting for xavier.
NovaBall

Postby NovaBall » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:42 pm

stever20 wrote:Prime time coverage isn't new to fox. US Open a couple of other times was prime time- just 3 years ago when it was in San Francisco it was prime time. Pebble Beach was prime time. Torrey Pines prime time.

Just two pages ago Stever was saying he never remembers U.S. open in primer Ike. Now he acts like an authority on us open prime time coverage.

Let that soak in people.
NovaBall

Postby stever20 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:33 am

Ball-
I said I never remember them showing the times in PT(PACIFIC Time). As far as I ever remember the networks showed the times in Eastern Time. So instead of saying someone was teeing off at 5:55 et, they were showing it as 2:55 pt.

And I'm not a Dayton fan at all you idiot.

And yes, all the opens I said were shown in prime time on the east coast. Fox doing this in prime time wasn't a new thing at all.
stever20

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board