Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 update

Postby Piratefan » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:59 am

FOX and FS1 have done a wonderful job on the US Open.
Piratefan

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby SATO » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:35 pm

I am new to this board as a long time XU fan. It seems to be a good source of news about the *teams* involved. However one of the first things I noticed was this very very long thread about the Fox network. To me this is a really weird obsession. The posters here are "rooting" for a huge network to get higher ratings? These posters also now actively watch
sports like golf and cage fighting and nascar and soccer just because it is on the Fox network, like if they watch these obscure sports offerings they
are doing their part to uplift this hugely profitable network. I have one question, what drives this obsession? When these posters watch a soccer match that they in the past would not have ever followed, do they get some satisfaction out of that activity?
SATO

Postby Jet915 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:57 pm

SATO wrote:I am new to this board as a long time XU fan. It seems to be a good source of news about the *teams* involved. However one of the first things I noticed was this very very long thread about the Fox network. To me this is a really weird obsession. The posters here are "rooting" for a huge network to get higher ratings? These posters also now actively watch
sports like golf and cage fighting and nascar and soccer just because it is on the Fox network, like if they watch these obscure sports offerings they
are doing their part to uplift this hugely profitable network. I have one question, what drives this obsession? When these posters watch a soccer match that they in the past would not have ever followed, do they get some satisfaction out of that activity?

Not sure about everyone else but i watched golf and soccer before it was on Fox. I still dont watch nascar although i do admit that i never watched ufc until recently. Fox went all in with the Big East so i have no problem rooting for them to succeed and I really dont like ESPN and their social agenda (ie Caitlyn Jenner as an example).
Jet915

Postby admin » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:28 pm

SATO wrote:I am new to this board as a long time XU fan. It seems to be a good source of news about the *teams* involved. However one of the first things I noticed was this very very long thread about the Fox network. To me this is a really weird obsession. The posters here are "rooting" for a huge network to get higher ratings? These posters also now actively watch

Confirmed Dayton troll also posting under the name:

murphy 41
tsmithohio1234 38
Tsmithohio123 7
tsmithoiho12 5
francis 3
tsmithohio1
admin
Site Admin

Postby Burrito » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:59 pm

Speaking of "Weird obsessions", this guy clearly has one with the Big East.
Burrito

Postby robinreed » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:39 pm

This is the worst US Open I have seen and I have been watching them for almost 50 years. The course is clearly deficient and this is the first time in a US Open that I remember the players complaining about the course, especially to the extent they have done this week. The fact that several have complained publically must be an embarrassment to the USGA.

On the other hand Fox Sports has done an extraordinary job putting the open on more hours than I ever recall it being on TV. They deserve great credit for doing so on Thursday and Friday at prime time and their weekend coverage has been extensive. Perhaps they are able to do this because it is a west coast event this year but I do not remember CBS and NBC doing anything like the amount of coverage Fox has given to the USGA. I sincerely hope they go more into PGA golf in future.
robinreed

Postby NovaBall » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:32 pm

U.S. open and womens World Cup have been great. Loving the women's World Cup.
NovaBall

Postby NovaBall » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:33 pm

stever20 wrote:I think it's kind of interesting and different them putting the times in PT rather than ET. Don't remember that before.

The greatest U.S. open ever played in prime time. Tiger v Rocco at torrey pines
NovaBall

Postby stever20 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:44 pm

Fox has had as much coverage of the US Open as NBC/ESPN had in years past. When the Open is out west, it gets prime time coverage like what we saw this weekend.
stever20

Postby bmorex » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:08 pm

I have read/heard from friends who watch golf nothing but negative views on their coverage this weekend.
bmorex

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board