Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 update

Postby stever20 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:43 pm

R Jay wrote:What does everyone think of FOX and FS1's coverage of the U.S. Open? I think it's actually pretty good. Graphics are tastefully done. Commentary is fine. The use of shot tracker is not excessive. Good camera angles for the most part. It is quite weird to hear Joe Buck talking golf, though.

I actually love the shot tracker. I think Norman has some potential actually.

Not perfect but a solid effort for first time out.
stever20

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby stever20 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:47 pm

I think it's kind of interesting and different them putting the times in PT rather than ET. Don't remember that before.
stever20

Postby MUPanther » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:56 pm

R Jay wrote:What does everyone think of FOX and FS1's coverage of the U.S. Open? I think it's actually pretty good. Graphics are tastefully done. Commentary is fine. The use of shot tracker is not excessive. Good camera angles for the most part. It is quite weird to hear Joe Buck talking golf, though.

I like the extra hole coverage on Fox Sports Go App with Tim Brando.

This is a big weekend for Fox and FS1 with Golf and the World Cup! Ratings have been great!
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby jaxalum » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:24 pm

I'm liking what I'm seeing and I watch a TON of golf. I really enjoyed what FOX did at the Big East tournament. The off the court pieces/team montages, different and more expansive camera shots. FOX always seems to push the technological envelope when it comes to improving the viewer experience, and they are doing that so far with the robotic ground cameras and birds eye view angles. I've always been a huge fan of shot tracker (sorry RJay, the more the better for this kid;) and I think it it makes the game easier to follow and understand for the casual fan. I think it's been a solid first outing for the Norman and Buck tandem. Spieth in the lead isn't hurting ratings either.
Xavier
jaxalum

Postby Jet915 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:50 pm

Seems like the ratings have been good so far....

Dan Bell ‏@danpbell 34m34 minutes ago
After 2 rounds, @usopengolf on FOX/FOX Sports 1 is averaging a combined 1.96 million viewers, +49% from last year's average 1.3m #USOpen
Jet915

Postby stever20 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:01 pm

Norman has been really good I think...

Love his one liner he just did when the crowd was applauding something- he's like it sounds like the 12th man- an obvious nod to the Seahawks fans. very subtle but really good.
stever20

Postby Xudash » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:07 pm

Enjoying Fox coverage.

Like the Leader Board.

Love the ratings numbers you just shared.

Love the beauty of the area.

Don't think too much of this golf course.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby Xudash » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:09 pm

By the way, I know St. John's as Keenan Bradley playing in the US open. Xavier has Andy Pope playing and making the cut; he is there for the weekend. Jason Kokrak has been in a bit of a slump on the PGA tour this year, so he didn't make it.

Are there any other Big East alumni being terrorized by this place this weekend?
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby MUPanther » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:11 pm

What do folks think of the other major event going on on FS1, in the Women's World Cup?
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby Jet915 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:10 pm

MUPanther wrote:What do folks think of the other major event going on on FS1, in the Women's World Cup?

Watched some of China vs. Cameroon as China won and will play the winner of US/Colombia. I think it's been good, the ratings have been great. Columbia vs. US on Monday is on FS1 and should get great ratings.
Jet915

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board