Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 update

Postby gosports1 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:04 pm

my cable company announces they are moving channels around. FS1 will now be right after espn in lineup. Currently there is a about a 30 channel gap. i wonder if thet will help with ratings
gosports1

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Jet915 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:14 pm

gosports1 wrote:my cable company announces they are moving channels around. FS1 will now be right after espn in lineup. Currently there is a about a 30 channel gap. i wonder if thet will help with ratings

That will definitely help.
Jet915

Postby marquette » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:00 pm

gosports1 wrote:my cable company announces they are moving channels around. FS1 will now be right after espn in lineup. Currently there is a about a 30 channel gap. i wonder if thet will help with ratings

Your average consumer who just wants to watch some sports isn't probably going to go too far out of their way looking. Having it right next to ESPN can only help. Average fan sees "college basketball" on two channels right next to each other and thinks "hmm, ECU-Tulsa or Xavier-Georgetown?" instead of "well, there's college basketball on ESPN. Cool."
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby stever20 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:18 am

One question, is it going to be ESPN, FS1, then ESPN2, or is it ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNews, etc., then FS1?

I know DirecTV is
ESPN 206
ESPNews 207
ESPNU 208
ESPN2 209

I think there would be a pretty big difference between being on 207 or 210 for instance. Granted not as much as the 219 it's on right now.
stever20

Postby MUPanther » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:00 pm

It won't hurt that is for sure. What company do you have? I have Time Warner Cable.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby DudeAnon » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:46 pm

I bet the Women's world cup will be a big hit. Its being covered very heavily by Deadspin.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby NJRedman » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:30 am

Does anyone wonder what ESPN's coverage of this FIFA scandal would look like if they still had the rights to the World Cup? They are really acting like all of this is a huge outrage yet didn't say squat when they were the FIFA TV partners. It seems to me the World Cup and FIFA will be getting the Big East treatment moving forward.
NJRedman

Postby stever20 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:41 am

ESPN's coverage would be exactly the same.

They're acting like it's a huge outrage because well, it is a huge outrage.
stever20

Postby NJRedman » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:34 pm

stever20 wrote:ESPN's coverage would be exactly the same.

No, it wouldn't. Bob Ley wouldn't be ripping up FIFA's agenda on air if he was going to be calling the next 3 WC's. They haven't been critical of the NFL and actually pulled out on the joint documentary about concussions with PBS. We all know you have a hard on for the World Wide Leader and think they can do no wrong.
NJRedman

Postby stever20 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:35 am

NJRedman wrote:
stever20 wrote:ESPN's coverage would be exactly the same.

No, it wouldn't. Bob Ley wouldn't be ripping up FIFA's agenda on air if he was going to be calling the next 3 WC's. They haven't been critical of the NFL and actually pulled out on the joint documentary about concussions with PBS. We all know you have a hard on for the World Wide Leader and think they can do no wrong.

ESPN was extremely critical of the NFL last year with the Ray Rice situation.

And sorry but to act like the FIFA story would just be buried if ESPN had the rights is just ignorant. It's the biggest sports corruption story we've seen in ages. To have the leader of the biggest sports federation on earth be forced to resign is just huge. And you saying they never said anything about this when they were TV partners- this didn't happen when ESPN was tv partners. The FBI sting was less than 2 weeks ago.
stever20

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board