Conference realignment discussion - v. 2015

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Conference realignment discussion - v. 2015

Postby gtmoBlue » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:33 pm

Is it easier for SH, Prov, or DePaul to be in the top 8-9 teams in a 16 team conference. One which ocasionally sends 9 or even 11 teams dancing - yes. Mids have to win their conference or their conference Tourney to get in - period. Even then Mids can get screwed...conference co-champion 2008-09 Creighton (26 wins)-no NCAA bid. Big 6 (major confs) get auto multibids since 1974... A .500 team can get in? 6-8 bids are standard fare, with 3/4 of them out in the 1st 2 rounds. Tell me about "quality"...

If 3 or 5 NCAAs in 20 years is good, sign me up to coach one of these teams.

No mas.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby falcon » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:13 pm

I'll let the previous posts from NJ Redmen speak for his intellect, honesty and emotional stability. If he were even marginally more intelligent, he would understand that he is a self-parody and an embarrassment to St. John's, and I won't waste any more time interacting with him.
falcon

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:26 am

NJRedman wrote:
falcon wrote:
NJRedman wrote:
Oh get the f out of here with this bullsh--! Who's being a tough guy here? Not me! Oh and I call bullsh-- on you both you being a Johnny alum and being from NYC. If you think I'm bad then you never met anyone from the Staten Island campus, but of course you never did because you're not from NYC and never went to St. John's.

You called me out asshole, if you don't like it then don't call me out. You didn't mention divisions in passing you mentioned it in at least three separate posts. I can't help that you're stupid. That's your problem.

This might be the post of the year. NJRedman questioning how anyone can call him an Internet tough guy, then proceeds to insult him and call him an asshole. Message board gold right there. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby Edrick » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:28 am

Why is this even a post, much less this popular? There is 0% chance the Big East is expanding anytime that would be relevant to a current conversation.....It's so pointless
Edrick

Postby MUBoxer » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:21 am

gtmoBlue wrote:Is it easier for SH, Prov, or DePaul to be in the top 8-9 teams in a 16 team conference. One which ocasionally sends 9 or even 11 teams dancing - yes. Mids have to win their conference or their conference Tourney to get in - period. Even then Mids can get screwed...conference co-champion 2008-09 Creighton (26 wins)-no NCAA bid. Big 6 (major confs) get auto multibids since 1974... A .500 team can get in? 6-8 bids are standard fare, with 3/4 of them out in the 1st 2 rounds. Tell me about "quality"...

If 3 or 5 NCAAs in 20 years is good, sign me up to coach one of these teams.

No mas.

Well let's look at this when a team needs to go through Cuse, Louisville, UConn, Pitt, ND, Marquette, Nova, GTown, West Virginia

That's 9 teams right there, 8 of which are coached by HoF coaches, so I would say it is not easier. Heck Depaul finished 8th in 2007, most years that would've been fine but they still were left out of the tournament. All I'm saying is if you guys are winning 25 games in the MVC that's considerably easier to do when for the past 20 years it's been between you guys and one of SIU or Wichita State with occasionally N Iowa. I agree that you have a point it's easier to get snubbed from the NCAA tournament when you're a mid major however, it's unfair to make a point that you have a better record over the past 20 years when your conference slate during that time only included one or two games that would've been on par with 8-11 of the big east teams.

3/20 isn't good nor are any of those four teams records. I agree Creighton's been better over the last 20yrs than all of those teams. All I'm saying is your statements backing that up were flawed, essentially I am arguing your reasoning not your conclusion.

As far as your .500 argument, going .500 in the 2011 big east was insanely hard and the fact that the two teams that went .500 made the sweet 16 (MU) and won the tournament (UConn) should speak to the depth that year. And Cinci and Cuse probably would've advanced had they not faced UConn and MU in the round of 32.
Marquette 2013
NUI-Galway 2019
MUBoxer

Postby X-man » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:33 am

falcon wrote:
NJRedman wrote:
Oh get the f out of here with this bullsh--! Who's being a tough guy here? Not me! Oh and I call bullsh-- on you both you being a Johnny alum and being from NYC. If you think I'm bad then you never met anyone from the Staten Island campus, but of course you never did because you're not from NYC and never went to St. John's.

You called me out asshole, if you don't like it then don't call me out. You didn't mention divisions in passing you mentioned it in at least three separate posts. I can't help that you're stupid. That's your problem.

This might be the post of the year. NJRedman questioning how anyone can call him an Internet tough guy, then proceeds to insult him and call him an asshole. Message board gold right there. :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

I think you missed the "sarcasm" font in NJRedman's post.
Xavier will surprise. Never count them out of the Dance.
X-man

Postby NJRedman » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:32 pm

GumbyDamnit! wrote:
NJRedman wrote:
falcon wrote:

This might be the post of the year. NJRedman questioning how anyone can call him an Internet tough guy, then proceeds to insult him and call him an asshole. Message board gold right there. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hahaha how is calling someone an asshole being an Internet tough guy? I know you're still upset because I said Hay Wrights seat is cold instead of super duper glacier level ice cold. Now go run along and write some more Ryan Archidiacano erotic fan fic.
NJRedman

Postby NJRedman » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:36 pm

falcon wrote:I'll let the previous posts from NJ Redmen speak for his intellect, honesty and emotional stability. If he were even marginally more intelligent, he would understand that he is a self-parody and an embarrassment to St. John's, and I won't waste any more time interacting with him.

Bye Felicia! You're a St. John's alum like Stever is a Georgetown fan
NJRedman

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:46 pm

NJRedman, you're from Staten Island. I now get it. I thought you were the atypical north Jersey guy but I was wrong. You being from Staten Island tells me everything I need to know.

You really need to relax.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby NJRedman » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:38 pm

GumbyDamnit! wrote:NJRedman, you're from Staten Island. I now get it. I thought you were the atypical north Jersey guy but I was wrong. You being from Staten Island tells me everything I need to know.

You really need to relax.

So the NJ part of my name led to to believe I'm from Staten Island? And no I'm not from North Jersey.
NJRedman

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board