Seton Hall Covid issues

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Seton Hall Covid issues

Postby ArmyVet » Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:00 am

Hall2012 wrote:
Omaha1 wrote:I don’t see Creighton making a huge effort to try and reschedule a road game unless there are future openings created by additional cancellations. I could be completely wrong.

If everyone follows that thinking they won't get any potentially cancelled home games rescheduled either

My gut tells me that unless there is some very specific reason why a game should be made up, canceled games will not be made up. I hope that I am wrong, but the Omicron situation and forecasting of additional cases over the next few months leads me to believe that we will see quite a few more cancelations and maybe even arenas start closing to fans.
ArmyVet

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby stever20 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:41 pm

From John Fanta:
Breaking: The Big East officially announces a change to its cancellation policy. Forfeits are no more. If a team has 7 scholarship players + a coach, they will play. If not, game is canceled with every effort made to reschedule. The 4 previous forfeited games are now no-contests.
stever20

Postby Omaha1 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:44 pm

Forfeits? Never mind.

Breaking: The Big East officially announces a change to its cancellation policy. Forfeits are no more. If a team has 7 scholarship players + a coach, they will play. If not, game is canceled with every effort made to reschedule. The 4 previous forfeited games are now no-contests.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board