OOC Performance. How will it effect Selection Sunday?

The home for Big East hoops

Re: OOC Performance. How will it effect Selection Sunday?

Postby DudeAnon » Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:07 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Agree we are about normal for this point in the season, even with Nova & X tanking.

Don't put X in there with Nova. We've lost two close games to top 10 teams and beat Florida. Nova has lost 4 including Portland and Temple.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby stever20 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:07 am

DudeAnon wrote:
gtmoBlue wrote:Agree we are about normal for this point in the season, even with Nova & X tanking.

Don't put X in there with Nova. We've lost two close games to top 10 teams and beat Florida. Nova has lost 4 including Portland and Temple.

Right- totally agree with you there. Xavier probably done 3rd most in the league behind only Creighton and UConn so far- St John' might be in the discussion, though Xavier could end that discussion tomorrow with a win over Gonzaga.
stever20

Postby Xuperman » Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:33 am

DudeAnon wrote:

Yeah Man, X "tanking" is a pretty wacky comment Gtmo.....about as accurate as Cruz for FOY.

Even if X takes another hit today (and they will), "tanking" doesn't come close to describe what has transpired thus far. Unfortunately, Kunk is out, CoJo still shaking off that ankle injury and our bench has shown to be nothing more than place holders. Xavier is one frontcourt injury away from wearing the word "tanking" like a tailored suit.

Look, it's very early, but we've all seen enough. The Huskies and Jays show clear separation from the rest of the league AND they both have ELITE bench talent, which makes both "injury-proof"....which is huge. Everyone else struggles to floor any consistent quality.of depth IMO.

I will stick to my prediction. 9 conference teams have a dwindling chance to produce any OOC resume that would significantly move the needle on Selection Sunday. So, in order to get 4+ bids, the lower 5-6 will need to get hammered pretty good to produce 21+ winners at the top.

FYI, UConn is going to win this conference and is poised to take control of it going forward. I can not believe what I'm seeing!
Wisdom is what you get 5 seconds after you needed it.
Xuperman

Postby gtmoBlue » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:45 am

Geez fellas (The Dude/Xuper). Did I hit a nerve or sumthin'? Okay, so Xavier only has 2 L's to ranked teams. Seems that every article I read there is drama in Cincy.
So ol' git has misread the synopsis on Victory Parkway. Pls accept my humble apologies...and good luck vs the Zags today!
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby Omaha1 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:53 am

The Huskies and Jays show clear separation from the rest of the league AND they both have ELITE bench talent, which makes both "injury-proof"....which is huge. Everyone else struggles to floor any consistent quality.of depth IMO.

XUperman- I wish what you posted was true, but from what we’ve seen of the Jays this year depth is an issue. There’s a huge drop off from Nembhard to Mitchell who is still working by back from injury, but was never much of an offensive threat before that anyway. Freshmen: Mason Miller has looked pretty good and Fred King has potential behind Kalkbrenner, but both have a long way to go. Beyond that, Mac hasn’t gone deep Into the bench.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby Xuperman » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:47 am

gtmoBlue wrote:Geez fellas (The Dude/Xuper). Did I hit a nerve or sumthin'? Okay, so Xavier only has 2 L's to ranked teams. Seems that every article I read there is drama in Cincy.
So ol' git has misread the synopsis on Victory Parkway. Pls accept my humble apologies...and good luck vs the Zags today!

Drama? Every article? You got to give an example and your source.

Coach Miller from day one, implemented an immediate team first mentally......this Sean Miller program is where "drama" goes to die.
Last edited by Xuperman on Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xuperman

Postby Xuperman » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:54 am

Omaha1 wrote:
The Huskies and Jays show clear separation from the rest of the league AND they both have ELITE bench talent, which makes both "injury-proof"....which is huge. Everyone else struggles to floor any consistent quality.of depth IMO.

XUperman- I wish what you posted was true, but from what we’ve seen of the Jays this year depth is an issue. There’s a huge drop off from Nembhard to Mitchell who is still working by back from injury, but was never much of an offensive threat before that anyway. Freshmen: Mason Miller has looked pretty good and Fred King has potential behind Kalkbrenner, but both have a long way to go. Beyond that, Mac hasn’t gone deep Into the bench.

Ok, I was just really impressed with Miller, Farabello and King looked like its just a matter of time. Came away thinking Coach Mac has a solid bench to work with. I looked at the actual stats and I kinda see what you've saying, but you guys are no where near the Xavier situation.
Xuperman

Postby Omaha1 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:56 am

Xuperman wrote:
Omaha1 wrote:

Ok, I was just really impressed with Miller, Farabello and King looked like its just a matter of time. Came away thinking Coach Mac has a solid bench to work with. I looked at the actual stats and I kinda see what you've saying, but you guys are no where near the Xavier situation.

What’s the injury status for XU?
Omaha1

Postby Xuperman » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:11 pm

Kunk is out, Jones is playing on a sore ankle that is susceptible to a " tweek" or even re-injury. Jack seems to be losing some effectiveness when playing 30+ minutes. That alone is enough to drastically reduce our success vs top competition. Again, X simply has no ability to absorb ANY injury. Unfortunately, it is not realistic to think it will not play a huge part in where we are come March.
Xuperman

Postby Omaha1 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:15 pm

3 or 4 bid league?
Omaha1

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board