(4) Friday Big East Games 11/11/22

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (4) Friday Big East Games 11/11/22

Postby adoraz » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:49 pm

Rough loss for the league. I see some St. John's fans celebrating this as we play Temple, but overall it's definitely bad for St. John's as we'll play Nova 2-3 times and we want them to be ranked. No guarantee they'll be an elite team this year, or a Q1 at home.
Johnnies
adoraz

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Vill » Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:12 am

Yep we looked like garbage last night and might for a while this year. Our back is ailing from carrying this league for a decade so cut us a little slack.
Vill

Postby adoraz » Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:28 am

Vill wrote:Yep we looked like garbage last night and might for a while this year. Our back is ailing from carrying this league for a decade so cut us a little slack.

110% Nova deserves a ton of slack. Just found it embarrassing some St. John's fans are trying to excuse our putrid OOC schedule by celebrating a win that will result in a net negative for us and the league.

Also hope Nova will retire these games after this year. Doesn't benefit them at all.
Johnnies
adoraz

Postby Django » Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:30 am

I only caught the very end of the nova game with Dixon missing the bunny and the bs blocking call… felt like that never would have happened with Jay and it seemed pretty scary but I’m going to just chalk up my fear to the horrific espeen + coverage and hope Neptune has this team looking like Nova when they get fully healed… my Jays looked really frightening vs St Thomas just about the whole game but looked very different on Thursday
Django

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:38 am

Hey Novachap. Hey Vill & Admin. I did not factor in any mid major/Big 5 losses for da Cats this year. This is a mild surprise.
I had Nova losing @Mich St, and 2 in the Phil Knight tourney, but no more. This ‘could’ get interesting.

Vill - maybe it’s time for Marquette, Da Johnnies, & Gtwn to pick up the slack and begin to ‘carry’ the league? As it was imagined back in 2013??

Admin - it’s only one drop of blood in the water, but blood none-the-less. The sharks are taking notice, although they haven’t yet turned around. However, eyebrows have lifted in New Jersey, Rhode Island, Connecticut, & Cincinnati. Hmmm?
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby Xudash » Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:21 pm

No BE fan in their right mind should be cheering for any 00C losses.

Good good luck to Nova as you guys move forward to get things patched up.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby Novachap » Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:48 am

gtmoBlue wrote:Hey Novachap. Hey Vill & Admin. I did not factor in any mid major/Big 5 losses for da Cats this year. This is a mild surprise.
I had Nova losing @Mich St, and 2 in the Phil Knight tourney, but no more. This ‘could’ get interesting.

Vill - maybe it’s time for Marquette, Da Johnnies, & Gtwn to pick up the slack and begin to ‘carry’ the league? As it was imagined back in 2013??

Admin - it’s only one drop of blood in the water, but blood none-the-less. The sharks are taking notice, although they haven’t yet turned around. However, eyebrows have lifted in New Jersey, Rhode Island, Connecticut, & Cincinnati. Hmmm?

GIt, if asked prior to the season, I would have agreed with you- bad loss to Temple. This was a huge game for the Owls having lost for 10 years to the Cats. They rushed the court (2x lol) after the win beating the 16th ranked team in the country for goodness sake. Losing a third scoring option in Whitmore before this game is what had me nervous (rightly so).

November will be rough for us, but long term, come BET and tourney time, this will be a team NO ONE will want in their bracket. This team and coach will be just fine after taking a few jabs early. When healthy and after the youngins get some game reps it will be pretty clear...

And although Jay Wright, nor Colin Gillespie are walking through that door, Whitmore and Moore will be. As I recall, many folks were convinced Nova was a middle of the pack team last year after taking early season lumps, but with the most wins in regular season, BET and FF I believe they came around just fine .

Stay tuned!
Novachap

Postby stever20 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:44 pm

Novachap wrote:
gtmoBlue wrote:Hey Novachap. Hey Vill & Admin. I did not factor in any mid major/Big 5 losses for da Cats this year. This is a mild surprise.

GIt, if asked prior to the season, I would have agreed with you- bad loss to Temple. This was a huge game for the Owls having lost for 10 years to the Cats. They rushed the court (2x lol) after the win beating the 16th ranked team in the country for goodness sake. Losing a third scoring option in Whitmore before this game is what had me nervous (rightly so).

November will be rough for us, but long term, come BET and tourney time, this will be a team NO ONE will want in their bracket. This team and coach will be just fine after taking a few jabs early. When healthy and after the youngins get some game reps it will be pretty clear...

And although Jay Wright, nor Colin Gillespie are walking through that door, Whitmore and Moore will be. As I recall, many folks were convinced Nova was a middle of the pack team last year after taking early season lumps, but with the most wins in regular season, BET and FF I believe they came around just fine .

Stay tuned!

I think the big question is going to be how Moore is when he gets back. Is he at 60-70% or is he closer to 90%? We just do not know the answer to that question yet .
stever20

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board