Saturday Sweet 16 Bracket Reveal

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Saturday Sweet 16 Bracket Reveal

Postby kayako » Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:24 am

stever20 wrote:So looking going forward:
Nova 2 Q1 1 Q2, BET
Duke 3 Q2, 2 Q3, ACCT

The guy even mentioned the upcoming schedule I think with those 2 teams....

Of course, if Nova did pass Duke- they'd be going out west instead of Philly. And the road there would have been Illinois/Gonzaga not exactly a real easy path at all.

I don't know if Duke's easier path is an advantage or disadvantage, but I'd have to think by winning out Nova has a shot at #1 seed in the east.

Gonzaga has never beaten a 1 or 2 seed in the tournament in its history. While unbelievably consistent, I think their ceiling has been overrated the past few years. I'd take my chances against them over having to beat Kansas and Kentucky in consecutive games.

But yeah, actually getting Philadelphia sounds too good to be true. I'll believe it when it really happens.
supernova
kayako

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby stever20 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:05 pm

kayako wrote:
stever20 wrote:So looking going forward:
Nova 2 Q1 1 Q2, BET
Duke 3 Q2, 2 Q3, ACCT

The guy even mentioned the upcoming schedule I think with those 2 teams....

Of course, if Nova did pass Duke- they'd be going out west instead of Philly. And the road there would have been Illinois/Gonzaga not exactly a real easy path at all.

I don't know if Duke's easier path is an advantage or disadvantage, but I'd have to think by winning out Nova has a shot at #1 seed in the east.

Gonzaga has never beaten a 1 or 2 seed in the tournament in its history. While unbelievably consistent, I think their ceiling has been overrated the past few years. I'd take my chances against them over having to beat Kansas and Kentucky in consecutive games.

But yeah, actually getting Philadelphia sounds too good to be true. I'll believe it when it really happens.

I think the one big challenge Nova has getting a 1 seed is going to be Baylor and Purdue- both of whom have h2h wins over Nova.

Also there are some teams that if they finish ahead of Nova on the 1 line would take Philly. Kentucky and Auburn- especially Auburn I think who I saw was closer to Philly than they are Chicago.
stever20

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board