HLOH - 9th Anniversary...

The home for Big East hoops

Re: HLOH - 9th Anniversary...

Postby sju88grad » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:06 am

admin wrote:That's a pretty dang long time. I won't lie, there have been times that I have wondered, "why am I still operating this board?", but I appreciate that so many people find it a useful place to have some dialogue about basketball and other common interests. That is the point, after all. Thanks to everyone for participating.

I hope you all have a blessed Christmas and a safe New Year's.

Thank you for keeping this board going! I have been following Big East hoops since the inception of the league and, I have to say, this latest iteration may be my favorite. There is definitely an “us against the world” feeling with this current group and while my Johnnies haven’t exactly been crushing it, it’s nice to know I have 10 “2nd favorite teams” to root for each season.

Wishing everyone a fantastic and safe holiday season!
sju88grad

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:23 am

From one Vatican to the other...Happy Birthday to the HLOH!!!

PS: perhaps it's time to start doing HLOH team video interviews? You have access to a very good team. BJ, Jet, Stever, Novachap ( a natural on camera), Django, and others.
one fan per school interviews 2-3 teammembers (1 interview). That's 11 per season... Can make a vid and a podcast for each...

It's worth considering Admin.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby Hall2012 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:41 pm

I like that teams in this league have appeared to develop some healthy rivalries moreso than the toxic hatred you see between rivals in other conferences.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby kayako » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:34 pm

Running this site is probably an unprofitable commitment of time and money. Major props to the group running this site. I'd also like to thank all the participants for being the most cordial group of fans ever. I've never seen arguments escalate into personal attacks here.
supernova
kayako

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:12 am

kayako wrote:Running this site is probably an unprofitable commitment of time and money. Major props to the group running this site. I'd also like to thank all the participants for being the most cordial group of fans ever. I've never seen arguments escalate into personal attacks here.

Just kidding!
Wizard of Westroads

Postby Novachap » Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:53 am

I too very much appreciate the effort to keep this community going, great job. It is so unique to see a group of people that actually have different allegiances come together in a civil, entertaining and respectful way. Thank you all for contributing to this group, it is a lot of fun.

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and Go Big East (and of course Go Nova!)
Novachap

Postby admin » Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:07 am

kayako wrote:Running this site is probably an unprofitable commitment of time and money. Major props to the group running this site. I'd also like to thank all the participants for being the most cordial group of fans ever. I've never seen arguments escalate into personal attacks here.

This week I renewed the domain and annual webhosting by adding a three year extension to the account. The monthly average is about $20/month. I know that no one likes to see the ads on the pages but those pennies per thousand views help defray the costs. I'd be open to taking on an advertiser or two, or having a supporter level of membership, but as long as there is interest and participation we will keep the train rolling down the tracks as is.
admin
Site Admin

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:39 am

Both ideas sound workable.

What are the support level tiers?
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby stever20 » Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:00 am

admin wrote:

This week I renewed the domain and annual webhosting by adding a three year extension to the account. The monthly average is about $20/month. I know that no one likes to see the ads on the pages but those pennies per thousand views help defray the costs. I'd be open to taking on an advertiser or two, or having a supporter level of membership, but as long as there is interest and participation we will keep the train rolling down the tracks as is.

If I could go live I'd be willing to do a support level of membership. lol. Hoping for Christmas i guess.
stever20

Postby ArmyVet » Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:44 am

stever20 wrote:
admin wrote:

If I could go live I'd be willing to do a support level of membership. lol. Hoping for Christmas i guess.

I would also be willing to chip in if it helps.
ArmyVet

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board