Report: 6 schools to be notified of serious NCAA violations

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Report: 6 schools to be notified of serious NCAA violati

Postby Husky_U » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:00 pm

2 Level 1's...

That's gotta be at least a 1 year post-season ban.
Husky_U

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby admin » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:41 am

Shocking development here:

Duke probe finds no evidence Nike paid Zion

Duke hired investigators who found no wrong doing... however,

In a statement to ESPN on Friday, Avenatti said the people conducting Duke's outside investigation never contacted him.

"I never heard from anyone associated with Duke in connection with my allegations or any investigation," Avenatti said. "I was never asked a single question. I was never asked what information or documents that I was aware of. Who the hell conducted this investigation? Inspector Clouseau?

"The documents and the hard evidence do not lie. Zion Williamson was paid to attend Duke. [Coach Mike Krzyzewski] has made and facilitated payments to players for years. And when the truth comes out -- and eventually it will -- Coach K and Duke's reputation will forever and rightfully be tarnished

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... -paid-zion
admin
Site Admin

Postby Omaha1 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:25 am

Kansas. Nice.

Kansas is expected to receive a notice of allegations from the NCAA regarding alleged men's basketball recruiting violations that surfaced during a federal criminal trial last year, according to The Kansas City Star.

The latest development was expected after NCAA executive vice president Stan Wilcox said earlier this summer that at least six schools would receive notices of allegations, which are expected to include Level I allegations -- the most serious under NCAA rules.

"The evidence, I submit, shows that Kansas' head coach knew of and asked for a payment to be made to Silvio De Sousa's handler," attorney Michael Schachter told the jury. "More than that, Coach Self requested just the kind of help that Mr. Gassnola arranged as a condition for Coach Self to permit Adidas to continue their sponsorship agreement with the University of Kansas."
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:01 pm

The lack of humility and shame coming from Bill Self is astounding. He’s quoted as basically admitting to getting the Addidas deal pushed through with the expectation that the company would help him secure (through payments) some “real players.” Scumbag personified.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:07 pm

Scumbag...no. Just a humble coach doing what his administration and AD wants. Get top players...Win... compete for the Natty, annually! Poor guy is just trying to do his best to keep his job.
My boy, Wild Bill. Go Jayhawks.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby SamElliott » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:05 pm

GumbyDamnit! wrote:The lack of humility and shame coming from Bill Self is astounding. He’s quoted as basically admitting to getting the Addidas deal pushed through with the expectation that the company would help him secure (through payments) some “real players.” Scumbag personified.

This is actually the funnest storyline of the offseason.

Self is still defiant, even after the embarrassment of Snoop Dogg and stripper polls at their pep rally.

If you can't enjoy watching this guy squirm and try to keep a straight face, you're not a real basketball fan. He couldn't even stand to be present during Snoops entire show.

His weak stomach will inevitably linger all year as the walls close in.

All of the other coaches involved in this mess, will feel his burn vicariously.
SamElliott

Postby StillWarriors » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:44 pm

Would love to see the bloom off the Kansas rose.
StillWarriors

Postby OmahaUberAlles » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:14 pm

After Penn State I can’t take the NCAA seriously. Who the hell do they think they are to be passing judgement on anything?!? If they want to go revisit that decision then we can talk. Until then, the NCAA enforcement arm can shut up and count the money flowing into their coffers.
OmahaUberAlles

Postby ArmyVet » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:20 pm

Serious question - did anything ever happen to Louisville after all of the scandals there with hookers, etc? Looks to me like they are a Top 5 team which makes me think whatever ramifications were negligible.
ArmyVet

Postby Xudash » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:53 pm

ArmyVet wrote:Serious question - did anything ever happen to Louisville after all of the scandals there with hookers, etc? Looks to me like they are a Top 5 team which makes me think whatever ramifications were negligible.

They're now only allowed to use hookers that weigh over 150 pounds.
XAVIER
Xudash

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board