Which team will finish in 9th place this season?

The home for Big East hoops

Which team will finish in 9th place this season?

Poll ended at Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:29 pm

Butler
No votes
Creighton
11%
Georgetown
No votes
Marquette
No votes
Providence
7%
Seton Hall
30%
St. John's
52%
Villanova
No votes
Xavier
No votes

Total votes : 44

Re: Which team will finish in 9th place this season?

Postby Westbrook#36 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:13 pm

Wizard of Westroads wrote:I voted for SJ because of the high turnover and new staff. Seton Hall has a lot of talent, with a year of experience for their talented class. It's Whitehead's team now and he's pretty good. Just as a counterpoint to all the stuff about turmoil, I thought Gibbs didn't like to share the ball and Sina wasn't a very good player. Not sure they'll be missed as much as some think.

I tend to disagree, thought Whitehead didn't share the ball all that well, and while Sina wasn't a star or anything he was a solid role player. I don't think losing Gibbs and Sina is addition by subtraction. The Pirates played their best ball last year when Whitehead was sitting out injured, he came back and they went to hell. We'll find out about Whitehead and the rest of that talented class this year, hope they pull it together.
Westbrook#36

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Dew » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:15 pm

I went Hall here. Little to no confidence in Willard. In fact I might have them below DePaul.
Dew

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:39 pm

R Jay wrote:I have Seton Hall finishing 9th. Mostly because Kevin Willard is still the head coach, but also because I don't think they adequately addressed graduations on the wing and depth problems behind Delgado in the post. I expect them to really struggle shooting, too.

10: St. John's
9: Seton Hall

I have the same.

Really had to work,rework, and juggle my BE preseason projections...in order to keep X in the top 5.

http://gtmos-bluenotes.blogspot.com.co/ ... 7692494752 ;)
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby BEX » Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:43 pm

When the sky is a bright canary yellow
I forget every cloud I've ever seen,
So they called me a cockeyed optimist
Immature and incurably green.
BEX

Postby DudeAnon » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:04 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:
R Jay wrote:I have Seton Hall finishing 9th. Mostly because Kevin Willard is still the head coach, but also because I don't think they adequately addressed graduations on the wing and depth problems behind Delgado in the post. I expect them to really struggle shooting, too.

I have the same.

Really had to work,rework, and juggle my BE preseason projections...in order to keep X in the top 5.

You have Creighton finishing first and Nova 6th? *facepalm*
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby Jet915 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:21 pm

DudeAnon wrote:
gtmoBlue wrote:

I have the same.

Shouldn't u know that GTMO overdoses daily on koolaid. If his predictions were ever correct, our team would be filled with McDonald's All Americans and we would be raising Final Four banners yearly.
Jet915

Postby Westbrook#36 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:49 pm

DudeAnon wrote:
gtmoBlue wrote:

I have the same.

It wouldn't be basketball season without gtmo chugging blue kool-aid and taking gratuitous shots at Nova. He's such a clueless tool. Hell, I was half tempted to vote Creighton 10th just to piss him off, but I won't hold his behavior against the rest of the fine Creighton fan base.
Westbrook#36

Postby milksteak » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:40 am

DudeAnon wrote:
gtmoBlue wrote:
R Jay wrote:
I have the same.

It wouldn't be basketball season without gtmo chugging blue kool-aid and taking gratuitous shots at Nova. He's such a clueless tool. Hell, I was half tempted to vote Creighton 10th just to piss him off, but I won't hold his behavior against the rest of the fine Creighton fan base.

I will eat my freakin' hat if Creighton gets 14 conference wins this season.
"I am a penned-up, leashed dog right now, and I can't wait to get started for Butler University."
- Barry Collier, August 1, 2006
milksteak

Postby gtmoBlue » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:17 pm

milksteak wrote:I will eat my freakin' hat if Creighton gets 14 conference wins this season.

You want A1, Worcestershire, or Heinz 57 with that hat?
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby Xudash » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:43 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:
milksteak wrote:I will eat my freakin' hat if Creighton gets 14 conference wins this season.

You want A1, Worcestershire, or Heinz 57 with that hat?

Let's say that msteak is willing to eat his hat with or without any sauce should Creighton get 14 conference wins.

What are you willing to do should Creighton fail to do that?
XAVIER
Xudash

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board