Postby Chalmers0 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:31 pm

Looks like Doughty was let out of his LOI today
Chalmers0

Re: St. John's 2015-2016 Roster??

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby hoyahooligan » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:24 pm

Diallo to decide in the next few days tomorrow or Wednesday.

Next year's class is where Mullin needs to do work. Even if they land Diallo, which I'm really hoping they do. They'll lose Obekpa for sure next year and as highly regarded as Diallo is he might only be in queens for a year. I'm assuming at this point Jordan will come back for his senior year.
hoyahooligan

Postby RedStormHoops » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:01 am

hoyahooligan wrote:Diallo to decide in the next few days tomorrow or Wednesday.

Next year's class is where Mullin needs to do work. Even if they land Diallo, which I'm really hoping they do. They'll lose Obekpa for sure next year and as highly regarded as Diallo is he might only be in queens for a year. I'm assuming at this point Jordan will come back for his senior year.

Hearing good things on Heron. The relationship with Slice is great and Heron has really enjoyed talking to mullin and is intrigued that Chris is a hall of famer and a lefty like Heron. Some insiders on St. John's boards saying Heron has been a done deal the day we got slice.

Alkins I feel good about too considering he wants to stay home and is on the same AAU team as Heron and they are good friends, but there may be some eligility issues on that front. Eligibility issues aside I feel good about Rawle too.

Forget Diallo. He's not coming. He will announce for Kansas tomorrow. Maybe today not sure. Fwiw St. John's just got a walkon who has a good little brother and is also teammates with five star 2017 5 star stud Wendell Carter
RedStormHoops

Postby ChestRockwell85 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:50 am

RedStormHoops wrote:
hoyahooligan wrote:Diallo to decide in the next few days tomorrow or Wednesday.

Hearing good things on Heron. The relationship with Slice is great and Heron has really enjoyed talking to mullin and is intrigued that Chris is a hall of famer and a lefty like Heron. Some insiders on St. John's boards saying Heron has been a done deal the day we got slice.

Alkins I feel good about too considering he wants to stay home and is on the same AAU team as Heron and they are good friends, but there may be some eligility issues on that front. Eligibility issues aside I feel good about Rawle too.

Forget Diallo. He's not coming. He will announce for Kansas tomorrow. Maybe today not sure. Fwiw St. John's just got a walkon who has a good little brother and is also teammates with five star 2017 5 star stud Wendell Carter

I really don't know what the deal with Heron is but I do know about Alkins and I think it is WAY too early to start feeling good about him. Not saying he won't end up in Queens, but right now he is enjoying the attention and the ride and not close to a decision or really letting on where he will end up.

I think Lavin did this and I don't want to see Mullin make the same mistake of going after the kids like Diallo and Briscoe and wasting all your energy on them meanwhile they want the big names the whole entire time. I know Mullin got some nice role players recently but he really needs to start focusing on the 4 star kids ranked in the Top 100 to 75 range. That is where you will find success. I've posted it before. Get the kids who are going to play on your team for 4 years and buy into a program. Not a one and done kid using your school as a tryout for the league.
1985 / 2016 / 2018 NATIONAL CHAMPS gtmoBlue is my homeboy
ChestRockwell85

Postby stever20 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:14 pm

just saw Diallo is going to Kansas.
stever20

Postby Red Rooster » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:43 pm

stever20 wrote:just saw Diallo is going to Kansas.

St. John's still has a lot of irons in the fire. They are still targeting Georgios Papagiannis and Federico Mussini. The former is a big man who was considered a 5 star recruit when he played in the states, while the latter was being recruited by Gonzaga, Virginia, Providence, Davidson, and, of course, St. John's. I was told Mussini is on par of a 4 star recruit. He played adequately in the Hoop Summit game a couple of weeks ago. He's on the light side, as needs to add some weight, and needs to work on his defense. But, he's a lethal outside shooter and does a sound job running the team. He's down to St. John's and Gonzaga, and will make a decision within another month.

They are also still on Marcus LoVett. Malik Ellison (Pervis Ellison's son) and, former Pitt player, Durand Johnson is visiting today. So, St. John's still isn't done adding talent to their '15 class.
Red Rooster

Postby REDMEN1415 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:53 pm

Jon RothsteinVerified account
‏@JonRothstein
BREAKING: Pitt transfer Durand Johnson told @CBSSports he has committed to St. John's. Immediately eligible. Story coming. #sjubb

Nice get, Ellison next?
REDMEN1415

Postby hoyahooligan » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:47 pm

Looks like what St. John's really needs at this point is a SF. Got Jordan at the Point, Obekpa at C not Johnson at SG.
hoyahooligan

Postby Red Rooster » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:13 pm

REDMEN1415 wrote:Jon RothsteinVerified account
‏@JonRothstein
BREAKING: Pitt transfer Durand Johnson told @CBSSports he has committed to St. John's. Immediately eligible. Story coming. #sjubb

Nice get, Ellison next?

I'm hearing Ellison to St. John's is looking rather strong.
Red Rooster

Postby Amase2 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:19 pm

Johnson is a legitimate BE starter and puts sju's starting back court right in the upper half of BE.
Amase2

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board