Jalen Brunson To Announce For Villanova Wednesday

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Jalen Brunson To Announce For Villanova Wednesday

Postby stever20 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:53 am

Brunson's dad of course played at Temple so you have the Philly connection there.

And I do agree- there's a huge difference between just a top 100 kid and a guy like Brunson, who is #22 in ESPN top 100 right now.
stever20

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Demon22 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:39 pm

ChestRockwell85 wrote:Not for nothing, but a lot of Top 100 kids go to Villanova and end up in the Big East. Jalen is considered a Top 25 Player/Top 3 PG in the class of 2015. There is a huge difference between a Top 100 kid and a kid who many feel is already a McDonald's All-American. Regardless of where he is from, this is a HUGE pickup for the Big East. We want to stay relevant? Then the Big East's recruiting needs to stay strong. Not to sound like a cocky dbag, but Jay Wright and Villanova are keeping the program on track, if this league is considered a mid-major in 10 years, Villanova will not be the one to blame.

You misunderstand. This is not a criticism of Jay Wright/Villanova as much as this is a criticism of Oliver Purnell/DePaul.

As it stands now, two years from now DePaul will open up a brand new arena in downtown Chicago which will serve as a platform for Chicago kids to kick seven shades of crap out of DePaul when they return to the city to play with their Big East rivals.

So, so, so sick of seeing kids who should be interested in DePaul choosing to go elsewhere in the Big East without even giving us a cursory glance.
Demon22

Postby FormulaX » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:05 pm

Demon22 wrote:
ChestRockwell85 wrote:Not for nothing, but a lot of Top 100 kids go to Villanova and end up in the Big East. Jalen is considered a Top 25 Player/Top 3 PG in the class of 2015. There is a huge difference between a Top 100 kid and a kid who many feel is already a McDonald's All-American. Regardless of where he is from, this is a HUGE pickup for the Big East. We want to stay relevant? Then the Big East's recruiting needs to stay strong. Not to sound like a cocky dbag, but Jay Wright and Villanova are keeping the program on track, if this league is considered a mid-major in 10 years, Villanova will not be the one to blame.

You misunderstand. This is not a criticism of Jay Wright/Villanova as much as this is a criticism of Oliver Purnell/DePaul.

As it stands now, two years from now DePaul will open up a brand new arena in downtown Chicago which will serve as a platform for Chicago kids to kick seven shades of crap out of DePaul when they return to the city to play with their Big East rivals.

So, so, so sick of seeing kids who should be interested in DePaul choosing to go elsewhere in the Big East without even giving us a cursory glance.

A new coach should be in place for the new stadium. I wonder if Purnell will get to finish this season. Look how Marq and even Butler have done with their new coaches. I'm not sure if DePaul can truly succeed with the Chicago City kids. The goal of a lot their parents is to get them out of Chicago.
FormulaX

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:40 pm

Brunson just announced he is attending Villanova. Congrats guys!

Another big recruit for the Big East!

What a great week it has been thus far. Can't wait for the season to begin.
GoldenWarrior11

Postby admin » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:44 pm

Congrats Nova!
admin
Site Admin

Postby Jet915 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:55 pm

Great job by Jay Wright and Villanova. Awesome news for the Big East!
Jet915

Postby Friar82 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:21 pm

Congrats to Nova. BE continues to recruit very well.
Friar82

Postby ChestRockwell85 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:18 pm

Let it be known that after Jay visited with Jalen Brunson, he and Baker Dunleavy were on a plane to Oregon to visit with Payton Pritchard who is the #1 player in the state of Oregon and is a Top 40 player in the class of 2016. Like Jalen, Payton is also a PG. Villanova has proven itself as one of the top teams in the league and they still don't stop, they are out their busting their asses to continue to bring in the top talent. I just hope other coaches are out there doing this as well.
1985 / 2016 / 2018 NATIONAL CHAMPS gtmoBlue is my homeboy
ChestRockwell85

Postby FormulaX » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:31 pm

ChestRockwell85 wrote:Let it be known that after Jay visited with Jalen Brunson, he and Baker Dunleavy were on a plane to Oregon to visit with Payton Pritchard who is the #1 player in the state of Oregon and is a Top 40 player in the class of 2016. Like Jalen, Payton is also a PG. Villanova has proven itself as one of the top teams in the league and they still don't stop, they are out their busting their asses to continue to bring in the top talent. I just hope other coaches are out there doing this as well.

Well, when they got to Oregon. They may have seen Coach Carter from Xavier. Who was already there. :o I do understand you "Chest thumping, Chestrockwell", after the Brunson verbal.
FormulaX

Postby ChestRockwell85 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:45 pm

No chest thumping, it's just in the past, I couldn't care less how well teams like St. John's or DePaul were doing. NOW, we need all these schools to step it up to make sure the Big East stays relevant and it seems like some of the usual suspects are still floundering.

Not for nothing, but you are new to this league, this is a step up for you. For us, it's not. I do love this new league, but I want it to stay relevant as well and that starts on the recruiting trail. Sorry to be blunt, but I don't think anything I have said here is not fair.
1985 / 2016 / 2018 NATIONAL CHAMPS gtmoBlue is my homeboy
ChestRockwell85

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board