The Case for Dayton

The home for Big East hoops

Re: The Case for Dayton

Postby Masterofreality » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:14 pm

If you want to be included in the league, it might be more impressive, and helpful to your case, if you don't make fools of yourselves heckling Big East teams like Xavier when they practice for a First Four game in your arena the day before the game.

I might also help your case if you don't purposely show up to said First Four games with red "Beat Xavier" T shirts on. It had no effect on Xavier, they played badly enough to lose on their own, but having a fan base that shows a little more maturity, and less jealousy, might be a strike in your favor.
Masterofreality

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby augkash » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:42 pm

Masterofreality wrote:If you want to be included in the league, it might be more impressive, and helpful to your case, if you don't make fools of yourselves heckling Big East teams like Xavier when they practice for a First Four game in your arena the day before the game.

I might also help your case if you don't purposely show up to said First Four games with red "Beat Xavier" T shirts on. It had no effect on Xavier, they played badly enough to lose on their own, but having a fan base that shows a little more maturity, and less jealousy, might be a strike in your favor.

Are you still upset about 3 kids at a open practice for fans Lol . I'm sure xu students would be holding up Regan signs if the first four was at Xavier and dayton had to play there.
augkash

Postby BEX » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:56 pm

Check on A-10 boards and UDumpPride. Dayton fans apparently hate the BE, wouldn't accept a bid if it came, and love playing with a 300k TV contract on ESPN 3. This stuff gets back to the people running the show. Don't see any vitroil from VCU or SLU. Why? Because they are classy programs and let their work on the floor speak for them. Dayton has no case. Just a bunch of whiney ass buffoons who want the credit but won't do the work. WIN the A-10 a few times instead of constantly finishing in the bottom half. Let face it, if X was still in the A-10, you would not have been dancing this year. 75% of the ESPN poll said the A-10 got too many slots.

I see and talk to Fr. Graham (X) a couple times a year. He plays it close to the vest but he sure knows where I stand on the subject. F*** Dayton.
BEX

Postby PMThor » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:18 am

augkash wrote:
Masterofreality wrote:If you want to be included in the league, it might be more impressive, and helpful to your case, if you don't make fools of yourselves heckling Big East teams like Xavier when they practice for a First Four game in your arena the day before the game.

Are you still upset about 3 kids at a open practice for fans Lol . I'm sure xu students would be holding up Regan signs if the first four was at Xavier and dayton had to play there.

First, Lol is just stupid. Learn big boy typing skills. Second, Xavier fans, IF we hosted the first four, we wouldn't heckle any team in that group because as a group we would be travelling with our team wherever they went. Third, it's Carter you dolt, not Reagan. Goodness, you don't even know the most basic fact that dayton hasn't won at X since that administration.

But YAY! You guys want to join our new league! Keep dreaming, you honestly don't add a damn thing. No new market, no tourney success, in the backyard of another Big East program so both would be recruiting against one another locally, just fans who beg for it. So get in line.
Always remember that you are unique; just like everyone else
PMThor

Postby ohiohsbball » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:50 am

BEX wrote:Check on A-10 boards and UDumpPride. Dayton fans apparently hate the BE, wouldn't accept a bid if it came, and love playing with a 300k TV contract on ESPN 3. This stuff gets back to the people running the show. Don't see any vitroil from VCU or SLU. Why? Because they are classy programs and let their work on the floor speak for them. Dayton has no case. Just a bunch of whiney ass buffoons who want the credit but won't do the work. WIN the A-10 a few times instead of constantly finishing in the bottom half. Let face it, if X was still in the A-10, you would not have been dancing this year. 75% of the ESPN poll said the A-10 got too many slots.

I see and talk to Fr. Graham (X) a couple times a year. He plays it close to the vest but he sure knows where I stand on the subject. F*** Dayton.

Just curious; Are you being serious when you say that what people say on message boards "get back to people running the show?" If you really think that, then the level of intelligence on this board has dropped significantly. I have zero inside information, but I bet you anything you want the presidents of the c7 don't read any of these message boards and don't give a you know what about fans' opinions. Comes down to one thing and one thing only; money!!
ohiohsbball

Postby butlerguy03 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:52 am

No one cares. No cases are being made on a forum. No important decision makers are going into a meeting saying "well, the other day, I read this remarkable case for Dayton on a message board...maybe we should add them?!"
Butler University '03
butlerguy03

Postby ohiohsbball » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:57 am

PMThor wrote:
augkash wrote:

First, Lol is just stupid. Learn big boy typing skills. Second, Xavier fans, IF we hosted the first four, we wouldn't heckle any team in that group because as a group we would be travelling with our team wherever they went. Third, it's Carter you dolt, not Reagan. Goodness, you don't even know the most basic fact that dayton hasn't won at X since that administration.

But YAY! You guys want to join our new league! Keep dreaming, you honestly don't add a damn thing. No new market, no tourney success, in the backyard of another Big East program so both would be recruiting against one another locally, just fans who beg for it. So get in line.

When Dayton and Xavier were in the A10, they weren't in the same market and weren't in the same backyard, but now that they are in a new league with a different TV contract, all of a sudden Xavier to Dayton is like Ohio State to Toledo; don't belong in the same breath.

This thread can not end well. People can argue for or against Dayton all they want; at the end of the day when and if expansion occurs it will be up to the original C7; they are running the show when it comes to these decisions. Butler, Creighton, and Xavier will not have the same voice of the C7. They were dictated around with the football schools, and now want to remain in the majority so they have more power. I think the league ultimately will go to twelve, but I would be shocked if grows beyond that.
ohiohsbball

Postby SJHooper » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:52 am

Still waiting to hear what Dayton has accomplished at the national level besides tourney appearances in the past few decades that should warrant them a Big East spot.
SJHooper

Postby FormulaX » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:31 am

At least wait until today is over. Then Dayton may have 3 tourney wins in almost 30 years. Now, please hold, we have Bucknell and Colgate on the line also.
FormulaX

Postby xu2002 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:56 am

SJHooper wrote:Still waiting to hear what Dayton has accomplished at the national level besides tourney appearances in the past few decades that should warrant them a Big East spot.

They managed to lose one of the worst tournament games of all time 10 years ago to Depaul in the first round.

Over the past 5 years they've managed a 41-39 record in A-10 play and an average of 7.4 place in conference. For reference, during Xavier's last 5 years in the A-10 they had a conference record of 60-20 with an average finish in 2nd place, coming in 1st 3 of the years.
xu2002

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board