ESPN says 2014 for C7 league

The home for Big East hoops

Re: ESPN says 2014 for C7 league

Postby yorost » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:37 am

A few things...

- When the reports surfaced on the uneven split other sources came out and said there had been no discussion on revenue splitting. It was probably just speculation. Maybe it will happen, but I don't think there has been any source pointing out serious discussion on the topic.

- Even if is uneven money in the first years, they're still starting the whole move earlier. That means they get to the better pay days one year earlier. It still comes down to if their better pay years cover the difference.

- Still, even if they do take a pay cut for the BE7 to recoup money, it won't necessarily be a negative in the conference. If done fairly it could be looked at as only balancing out a negative the BE7 have posted on themselves.
yorost

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby SixTwentySix » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:36 pm

Bluejay wrote:It wouldn't completely surprise me to see a 10 team conference start play in 2013, with two more teams added, creating a 12 team conference, for 2014.

I think this is the best option as well. Get things started asap. But at the same time leave your options open for additional teams down the road. Xavier and Butler are great adds regardless, but you never know what teams might become available a year from now. 10 teams for 2013 would be perfect.

I also like this because I'm impatient and selfish, and don't want to wait.
SixTwentySix

Postby Bluejay » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:46 pm

From a new story about the kick off of Fox's two new sports channels:

News Corp will unveil its long-rumored national sports channel to advertisers in early March in its drive to siphon viewers and advertisers from sports behemoth ESPN, according to two people with knowledge of the launch.

The Fox Corp unit will soon send advertisers invitations to its first sports "upfront" presentation, the TV industry's annual unveiling of new shows, for a splashy New York City event, the sources said. It will make sales pitches for both its 22 regional sports channels and its new Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2 national channels.

The two new channels are expected to begin broadcasting games in August and would expand its offerings in 2014, the person said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/ ... D420130208
Bluejay

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board