Let's review Xavier

The home for Big East hoops

Let's review Xavier

Postby OmahaGuy » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:27 pm

OUT
*Bryan Griffin
*Jason Carter (transferring back to Ohio)
*Daniel Ramsey (transferring to Tennessee Tech)
*CJ Wilcher (transferring to Nebraska)

RETURN
*Paul Scruggs
*Nate Johnson
*Adam Kunkel
*Ben Stanley
*Zach Freemantle
*Dwon Odom
*Colby Jones
*Kyky Tandy

IN
*Cesare Edwards
*Elijah Tucker
*Jack Nunge (transfer from Iowa)

My 0.02:
Another up and down season for Xavier comes to a close. Don't hang their heads too low, Xavier fans. With the way they look now, I believe Xavier should make their way back into the NCAA Tournament conversation. Johnson was an excellent player before getting hurt and I think Freemantle and Odom have bright futures ahead of them. Travis Steele is a solid recruiter but can he put the pieces together? We'll find out in November!
UPDATE: Rothstein's early starting 5 prediction: Scruggs, Johnson, Jones, Freemantle and Nunge
Last edited by OmahaGuy on Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:57 pm, edited 7 times in total.
OmahaGuy

Let's review Xavier

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Let's review Xavier

Postby Jet915 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:01 pm

Honestly Xavier should have been a tournament team the last 2 years, the talent is there they've flamed out at the end of the year...
Jet915

Postby DudeAnon » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:39 pm

Jet915 wrote:Honestly Xavier should have been a tournament team the last 2 years, the talent is there they've flamed out at the end of the year...

Two years ago is questionable, Goodin was a net negative and Naji would disappear. This last year yes, but I believe they would've had they not missed a month of conference play. I know its no excuse, but it was brutal for a young team trying to gel.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby XUFan09 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:56 pm

DudeAnon wrote:
Jet915 wrote:Honestly Xavier should have been a tournament team the last 2 years, the talent is there they've flamed out at the end of the year...

Two years ago is questionable, Goodin was a net negative and Naji would disappear. This last year yes, but I believe they would've had they not missed a month of conference play. I know its no excuse, but it was brutal for a young team trying to gel.

Yeah, they played one game and had maybe one full practice over the course of over a month. They looked like a shell of themselves after that.
Gangsters in the locker room
XUFan09

Postby xufan02 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:11 am

Need to add RS Sophomore Dieonte Miles and Scruggs to that roster. Rumor is he is running it back one more time.
xufan02

Postby OmahaGuy » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:30 am

xufan02 wrote:Need to add RS Sophomore Dieonte Miles and Scruggs to that roster. Rumor is he is running it back one more time.

Miles? He didn't get significant playing time though. And I'll add Scruggs to the "return" list if he confirms it
OmahaGuy

Postby xufan02 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:16 am

OmahaGuy wrote:
xufan02 wrote:Need to add RS Sophomore Dieonte Miles and Scruggs to that roster. Rumor is he is running it back one more time.

Miles? He didn't get significant playing time though. And I'll add Scruggs to the "return" list if he confirms it

Miles was injured for almost the entire BE season. He will be back.
xufan02

Postby Omaha1 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:27 am

Wilcher to Nebraska. Poor kid.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby Xudash » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:15 pm

Omaha1 wrote:Wilcher to Nebraska. Poor kid.

What is the emoji for incredulous? Sometimes certain things just don’t make any sense.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby cu blujs » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:07 pm

plenty of playing time at UNL and not that much talent to beat out to get it. If team success doesn't mean as much to you as playing time, then good place to go, I guess.
cu blujs

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board