2018 Recruiting Class Could Be The Best Yet

The home for Big East hoops

Re: 2018 Recruiting Class Could Be The Best Yet

Postby REDMEN1415 » Mon May 29, 2017 11:41 pm

zach smart @zsmart3
Nasir Little and Shamorie and Sid Wilson in MSG would mean the Garden would definitely rock again. Standing room only. Mecca deserves it
REDMEN1415

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Fieldhouse Flyer » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:45 am

4-Star SF Cole Swider Cuts List to 4 schools - SB Nation/Villanova - June 18, 2017 at 9:26 PM EDT
Some recruiting news out of the NBPA Top 100 Camp broke today. Cole Swider, a 4-star small forward from Barrington, Rhode Island, has narrowed his list of possible suitors to four, per his Twitter account. Syracuse, Duke, and Xavier join Villanova in Swider’s final four schools.

Swider will be at Syracuse from today, June 18th, to the 20th. From there he will head to Duke from June 23rd to the 24th, before going to Xavier from June 26th-27th. An official visit to Villanova has yet to be announced, and that will likely be crucial if the ‘Cats are going to land the fast-rising wing.
Fieldhouse Flyer

Postby Jet915 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:38 pm

SF 6'8 Christian Bishop is gonna announce his decision tonight. #140 on Rivals, unranked in the other services so far. Just visited Creighton last weekend. Offers from Mizzou, Okie State, Kansas State, Wichita, Tulsa etc...
Jet915

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:44 pm

Jet915 wrote:SF 6'8 Christian Bishop is gonna announce his decision tonight. #140 on Rivals, unranked in the other services so far. Just visited Creighton last weekend. Offers from Mizzou, Okie State, Kansas State, Wichita, Tulsa etc...

To Creighton.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby Friarsfan94 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:09 pm

4 Star AJ Reeves just committed to PC this morning at their annual elite camp. Huge pickup for Cooley as Reeves is a top 50/75 swingman who can really score from everywhere. Chose the Friars over Nova, Lville, and Virginia.
Friarsfan94

Postby DeePhence » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:20 pm

Wizard of Westroads wrote:
Jet915 wrote:SF 6'8 Christian Bishop is gonna announce his decision tonight. #140 on Rivals, unranked in the other services so far. Just visited Creighton last weekend. Offers from Mizzou, Okie State, Kansas State, Wichita, Tulsa etc...

To Creighton.

So between Bishop to Creighton, and Reeves to Providence, Big East schools (not named Villanova), have landed two prospects who also had offers from Wichita, Missouri, OK State, K-State, Louisville, and Virginia.
I wanted him at PC, but I hope Swider chooses Villanova or Xavier over Duke and Syracuse.

Let's get the best damn conference recruiting haul in the country - further evidence this league is elite and will stay great.

Let's go Friars! Cooley for Prez!
DeePhence

Postby JohnW22 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:39 pm

DeePhence wrote:
Wizard of Westroads wrote:

To Creighton.

So between Bishop to Creighton, and Reeves to Providence, Big East schools (not named Villanova), have landed two prospects who also had offers from Wichita, Missouri, OK State, K-State, Louisville, and Virginia.
I wanted him at PC, but I hope Swider chooses Villanova or Xavier over Duke and Syracuse.

Let's get the best damn conference recruiting haul in the country - further evidence this league is elite and will stay great.

Xavier is in a good spot with Swider currently but if you read the Duke and Syracuse message boards Xavier might have only been mentioned 2 times total when their fans discuss the kid. My favorite post on one of the Duke boards was something like...looks like he's going to pick between Duke, Syracuse, Villanova, etc after he narrowed his list down to four. Always a wake up call when you read about what the bigger schools think of your team. The goal for Xavier right now is to get at least 1/3 of Cole Swider, Darrius Bazley, and Jemore Hunter.
XU
JohnW22

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:07 pm

I think one of the major selling points that the Big East has had, since its reorganization, that many thought would actually be a detractor is that fact that each of the school's biggest sport is men's basketball, and there is not football to take away from it. Sure, at certain schools like Indiana, Kansas and UConn, football is non-existent anyways, but the basketball players are the top dogs on our campus. I think that really sells with kids, knowing that they are there for the school's best sport, and that it will - without a shadow of a doubt - get most of the attention.

There are a lot of kids that want that attention and specialization, IMO. It's been a blessing for us to recruit towards.
GoldenWarrior11

Postby Jet915 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:48 pm

Reeves is #77 on the 247 composite, nice get by Cooley.
Jet915

Postby bobpp1 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:33 pm

Reeves is a stud. I've seen him play a number of times and he is the best recruit since Kris Dunn. Great shooter and athlete and reminds me of a bit of Ray Allen.
bobpp1

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board