Jeff Goodan piece on Kris Dunn

The home for Big East hoops

Postby NovaBall » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:34 am

Aired at halftime during the Evansville game (good to see espn allocate some resources to the big east because they know how valuable we are even without any contractual relationship).

Anybody know how I can find it to view? Youtube? Espn link? I'm not that tech savvy.
NovaBall

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Jeff Goodan piece on Kris Dunn

Postby ChelseaFriar » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:38 am

ChelseaFriar

Postby Bill Marsh » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:41 am

I know that Kris came back to work on aspects of his game that need improvement before moving up to the NBA. I sure hope he can get his turnovers down without losing the other parts of his game that make him so special. So far, too many TO's.

I'm rooting for him because this is a great kid with a great story.
Last edited by Bill Marsh on Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Marsh

Postby ChelseaFriar » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:47 am

Bill Marsh wrote:I know that Kris came back to work aspects of his game that need improvement before moving up to the NBA. I sure hope he can get his turnovers down without losing the other parts of his game that make him so special. So far, too many TO's.

Turnovers have been down quite a bit this season until last night. He had a couple really careless turnovers last night.

Shooting is still his biggest weakness.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/61804/kris-dunn
ChelseaFriar

Postby mel ott » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:27 am

It was a great piece on him. Well spoken young man who has been through a lot in his life. I love watching him play just to watch his defense and his passing. He looks like an eighth grader playing with fifth graders. He lets the game come to him and appears the game is going at half the pace for him compared to everyone else. His anticipation is uncanny and he disrupts the offense continually. If his guys shot better, his assist numbers, obviously, would be better as well. The announcers also acknowledged that his shooting is the one thing he needs to work on; however, they say that is the easiest thing to fix. They compared him to Westbrook ( I believe-correct me if I am wrong) in similar position in college and is now one of the best.
mel ott

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:18 am

I think Dunn will be a stud in the pros. Improving a shot is the easiest of the skills to master at the next level. Reminds me a bit of Kyle Lowry from Nova who was an elite defender, drove to the hoop fearlessly and had A+ athleticism. In college he couldn't shoot the outside jumper at all. After a few years as a pro he is now a very good 3 pt shooter. Can see a similar trajectory for Dunn. The things he does well are so much harder to teach. With a more spread floor in the NBA I believe he is going to flourish. Hoping my 76ers are able to draft him with one of the many first round draft picks they'll have.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby BEhomer » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:00 pm

I am never a fan of kids returning to school when they are guaranteed 1st rd picks. Risks are too high and reward is marginal at best. but so far Dunn is making the best of his decisions. if providence makes the dance and he has one of those nights where he flirts with triple/quadruple double, his draft stock will skyrocket.
BEhomer

Postby EMT » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:48 pm

BEhomer wrote:I am never a fan of kids returning to school when they are guaranteed 1st rd picks. Risks are too high and reward is marginal at best. but so far Dunn is making the best of his decisions. if providence makes the dance and he has one of those nights where he flirts with triple/quadruple double, his draft stock will skyrocket.

He is as known of a commodity as anyone in the country....his draft stock can't skyrocket much more than it is right now....
EMT

Return to Big East basketball message board