Fox Sports is rooting for DePaul and St. John’s

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports is rooting for DePaul and St. John’s

Postby DemonLS » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:33 am

Marquette,

There is not a DePaul fan who has puffed their chest in 25 years....not once. And it won't change with one good season either.

When DePaul starts to recruit like many other programs.....and I hope you understand what I am referring to....then the program will start to take off. Chicago is a very "dirty" recruiting city.
DemonLS

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Dew » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:59 pm

They need to be relevant, not necessarily great. If Mullins can get it going that works be a great story and media / fan attention will follow.
Dew

Postby NovaBall » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:35 pm

It would be nice if these two schools step up, especially at johns. NYC, philly, DC and Chicago are places were casual hoops fans should find interest in the big east. We need NYC and Chicago to step up.
NovaBall

Postby Edrick » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:46 am

I grew up in Chicago. Chicago simply doesn't care about college sports much less DePaul. Chicago viewership doesn't give a rat's ass about watching DePaul and certainly isn't going to actively mine their cable packages a watch. Fox Sports knows about the Chicago market and knows what they have in DePaul. DePaul is a wrote-down asset for both the Big East and Fox Sports. It has already been assumed no value, if any at all ever occurs it's just profit.

That said, programs are what they are. There's absolutely no reason DePaul will be something different. It's the inertia of a program. Without a catalyst (which are extremely rare if you are controlling for cheating situations like SMU), DU, and for that matter all college basketball programs, just continue on their vector.
Edrick

Postby DudeAnon » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:11 am

Edrick wrote:I grew up in Chicago. Chicago simply doesn't care about college sports much less DePaul. Chicago viewership doesn't give a rat's ass about watching DePaul and certainly isn't going to actively mine their cable packages a watch. Fox Sports knows about the Chicago market and knows what they have in DePaul. DePaul is a wrote-down asset for both the Big East and Fox Sports. It has already been assumed no value, if any at all ever occurs it's just profit.

That said, programs are what they are. There's absolutely no reason DePaul will be something different. It's the inertia of a program. Without a catalyst (which are extremely rare if you are controlling for cheating situations like SMU), DU, and for that matter all college basketball programs, just continue on their vector.

People root for winners. How many successful organizations can you name that don't have a strong following? I can think of 1, Tampa Bay Rays. But you can probably attribute that to them being blasted by the Yankees every year and the demographics of Tampa Bay.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board