The time has come.... HLOH will be shutting down end of 2024

The home for Big East hoops

Re: The time has come.... HLOH will be shutting down end of

Postby ecasadoSBU » Wed Aug 28, 2024 5:22 pm

Thank you Admin for creating this great space for Big East fans. its been a joyful ride the past 12 years to see the reformed Big East grow and thrive at the highest level of College Basketball.

I know first hand the energy and time running a board requires (I myself belong to a trio of mods that runs the tiny Stony Brook fan board). As time goes by it feels like the more life gets on the way of the things we love.

With that said, I'm hopeful that another passionate member can take the reigns of this great fan board
Stony Brook Red, Connecticut Blue, and Big East basketball!
ecasadoSBU

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Vill » Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:52 am

Xudash wrote:I personally want to thank you for building and maintaining this site.

It has been a pleasurable experience. It's been about camaraderie rather than toxic flaming at each other.

+1 This is a very good board. Interesting and informative discussion. Relatively little trolling. You guys will be missed.
Vill

Postby billyjack » Thu Sep 05, 2024 7:46 am

Sorry to see this. I haven't been on in a while and only noticed this yesterday. The Admin has been fantastic and this has been a great place over these last 12 years.

That other site is football-driven and became impossible to read anything there, but hopefully it's changed a lot.

But i agree that this board was perfect as a place for sanity during the years when the Big East was teetering and the sportsworld wanted us to collapse.

Having said all that, what is the process to keep this Holy Land intact? Maybe someone can seriously take the reins?
Providence
billyjack

Postby redmen9194 » Sun Sep 08, 2024 10:32 am

The HLOH board has been a special place for all Big East fans. It was a great sounding board through the initial realignment of the Catholic 7 and has served as a running history of the Big East since. It has been a pleasure to interact with all the Big East brethren over the years. I am sorry to see it end but totally get it. It’s got to be a ton of work - so thank you to our great administrator (our commissioner so to speak). It was a job well done. I’ll be posting my last BIG EAST v. F4 thread this Fall. I’ll put together an overall win loss over the last decade plus as well. Long live the Big East and the HLOH!
redmen9194

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board