NCAA SETTLEMENT PROPOSAL

The home for Big East hoops

NCAA SETTLEMENT PROPOSAL

Postby Xudash » Mon May 20, 2024 4:12 pm

This was shared on the XAVIERHOOPS site earlier today:

https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaas-settlement-proposal-facing-strong-objection-from-big-east-194238228.html

Charlie Baker will not make my Christmas Card list.
XAVIER
Xudash

NCAA SETTLEMENT PROPOSAL

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: NCAA SETTLEMENT PROPOSAL

Postby Sparky11 » Mon May 20, 2024 5:52 pm

Disgusting. I really hate the P5 with a passion. They want it all with others paying for it. I hope this blows up in their faces.
Sparky11

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Wed May 22, 2024 10:34 am

My response will be short:

What a crock of ****.

We will go along with it because we ultimately want to be with the top grouping of whatever the new NCAAT will end up being, but the being forced to pay a higher percentage (or financially forfeiting) than the P4 (by a significant margin) is laughable. The P4 is unwilling to pay a higher stake because it knows it can force its way not to (and the NCAA supports that because it doesn't want to risk the P4 or P2 breaking off and doing their own thing).
GoldenWarrior11

Postby sju88grad » Fri May 24, 2024 3:39 pm

College basketball is disintegrating right before our eyes and, the strange part is, I’m way less bothered by it than I expected to be. My love for the sport has been in decline for awhile. First it was conference realignment, then the transfer portal, then NIL and now insane greed. (Although the greed has always been there).

The sad part is, for all of the fans who are losing interest, there’s a whole crop of new “fans” due to the proliferation of sports betting, so the ratings (and therefore, the profits), may never take a hit. :evil:
sju88grad

Postby billyjack » Wed May 29, 2024 6:22 am

The Big East's letter is just so freakin weak. It's in the same tone and as Ackerman reacting to our getting 3 freakin NCAA bids this year.

Phrases like "appears to be" or "most likely would" and similar milquetoast soggy noodle statements and sh-t are infuriating.

And the attitude of "geez, we have to do this otherwise the Power 5 won't let us into their club when they eventually split" is humiliating. As is any concern about not having some weak-ass conference battle vs some weak-ass truckstop league... who gives a sh-t about not playing some clown schools, TCU, Kansas State, "omg the Big East will croak if we cant get a conference challenge with Mississippi State or f-ckin Arizona State"... geezus gimme a break.

How about the Big East presents the NCAA with a better fairer plan, spells out how much these f--kin football schools should each pay, and tell them we will pay up based on *our Big East formula* ... i mean, c'mon, holy effing sh-t

I can't deal with this passive sh-t anymore. The Big East is playing this losing game, just weakly accepting getting effed. The surest way to become irrelevant is to allow football clowns to continually sh-t on us.

I have more to ramble on about but gotta get to work.
Providence
billyjack

Postby admin » Wed May 29, 2024 5:07 pm

Spot on billyjack.

I hate everything that NIL has become and fear the worst as the Big Ten and SEC will seemingly have their way in all major decisions. It's pretty gross right now, to be honest ,and frankly, it's more than a little difficult to be a fan in the current (and likely future) college sports scene.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Big East basketball message board