Tuesday Games in the Big East 2/7/23

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Tuesday Games in the Big East 2/7/23

Postby BEhomer » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:00 am

Wizard of Westroads wrote:
stever20 wrote:
billyjack wrote:Of current FS1 guys, I like Tarik Turner, but i think Donnie Marshall is next in line. They could also grab Casey Jacobsen from the studio. Good question.

St John's is auditioning tonight for their spot in the Big 12, lol.

They do seem to be pushing Jim Jackson some- he partners with Gus on the weekends and in the BET.

JJ's decent, but give me Donnie Marshall. That guy knows the game and doesn't ramble so much. Fox's people are sooooo much better than ESPN's.

I'm just happy I don't have to listen to Dicky V or Bill Walton.
BEhomer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Omaha1 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:46 am

Tough loss for St John’s. I actually feel bad for Mike Anderson as things have definitely not gone the way he expected them to this year. At the end of the game when they waved off the basket I thought he was going to cry.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby butlerguy03 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:37 pm

Django wrote:Ball was way over the Butler players hands, clock shouldn’t have started till it hit Soriano’s hands, Johnnies got ROBBED!! How does the Hinkle shot clock operator continue to cheat and not get punished? How can the refs not look at that? WTF?

few things - 1) it shouldn't have even been STJ ball or with 0.8 - should've been 0.6 max; 2) both were reviewed 3) you lost to Butler w/o Chuck Harris, can't complain
Butler University '03
butlerguy03

Postby ArmyVet » Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:13 pm

butlerguy03 wrote:
Django wrote:Ball was way over the Butler players hands, clock shouldn’t have started till it hit Soriano’s hands, Johnnies got ROBBED!! How does the Hinkle shot clock operator continue to cheat and not get punished? How can the refs not look at that? WTF?

few things - 1) it shouldn't have even been STJ ball or with 0.8 - should've been 0.6 max; 2) both were reviewed 3) you lost to Butler w/o Chuck Harris, can't complain

Soriano missed an absolute bunny and then Simas misses two FTs following that.. it was like neither team wanted to win.

I thought the clock was right at the end and the final bucket should not have counted, in case anyone wondered.
ArmyVet

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board