(2) Sunday Big East Games 1/15/23

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (2) Sunday Big East Games 1/15/23

Postby billyfa » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:06 pm

Django wrote:Yeah St John’s, Nova and Butler and might as well throw Creighton into the group that are all capable of ruining any of the 4 ranked teams’ rankings!!

Johnnies first win at UCONN since….

1988?!?!? did I hear that correct?

Congratulations on the beat down STJ

First win in XL. They won last year on campus or year before. It's only been 7 games since 88 I think.
billyfa

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Django » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:18 pm

billyfa wrote:
Django wrote:Yeah St John’s, Nova and Butler and might as well throw Creighton into the group that are all capable of ruining any of the 4 ranked teams’ rankings!!

First win in XL. They won last year on campus or year before. It's only been 7 games since 88 I think.

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying, Jason Benetti said it pretty fast, didn't catch the XL part... didn't make Johnnies look good there for people not paying attention :lol: love Benetti's announcing, he was awesome with Jimmy Jackson on Christmas day... Raf missed some of his jokes so not sure that was the best team, I like Raf best with Tim Brando.
Django

Postby Omaha1 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:21 pm

Django wrote:
billyfa wrote:

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying, Jason Benetti said it pretty fast, didn't catch the XL part... didn't make Johnnies look good there, love his announcing, he was awesome with Jimmy Jackson on Christmas day... Raf missed some of his jokes so not sure that was the best team, I like Raf best with Tim Brando.

I contemplated starting a thread about this once. To me, Raf is almost unlistenable nowadays. I’m sorry to say it but his best is behind him.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby anXUfan » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:04 pm

I still like Raf.
anXUfan

Postby Django » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:07 pm

Omaha1 wrote:
Django wrote:
billyfa wrote:

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying, Jason Benetti said it pretty fast, didn't catch the XL part... didn't make Johnnies look good there, love his announcing, he was awesome with Jimmy Jackson on Christmas day... Raf missed some of his jokes so not sure that was the best team, I like Raf best with Tim Brando.

I contemplated starting a thread about this once. To me, Raf is almost unlistenable nowadays. I’m sorry to say it but his best is behind him.

I totally disagree RAF is the King and still the best, I just really enjoyed the new guy and thought he’s best with Jackson. His dunks on Jimmys ugly Christmas sweater were instant classics.
Django

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:06 am

Another up vote for Raf, though better with Gus or Brando.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby Xudash » Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:36 pm

Wizard of Westroads wrote:Another up vote for Raf, though better with Gus or Brando.

Totally agree. These guys are human, too. They probably have their strong and not so strong "chemistry" preferences/issues with different pairings.

Gus and Raf are top shelf. Tim Brando is rock solid as well.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby ArmyVet » Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:51 pm

I enjoy listening to Raf. When I hear him doing a game, it just feels bigger. Sam with Gus.

Fanta, on the other hand. I am willing to give him time to learn the business, but he doesn't have the bravado of the others, understandably.
ArmyVet

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board