UCONN HUSKIES in CUJO MODE.

The home for Big East hoops

Postby Xuperman » Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:01 pm

The Huskies, in a rabid display of savage gnashing, ripping, snarling viciousness have chomped their way to leaving 8 victims in their wake. There is a near certainty that they will sit at 14-0 prior to the New Years Eve "High Noon" showdown with Xavier at Cintas, AND I believe that their 14-0 record could easily carry a #1 ranking with it.

So just what breed of crazed mongrel hound has Hurley brought forth? Based on the margins of victory, it appears he has utilized training methods used in Pit Bull dog fighting.

I can not recall in my 50+ years as a NCAA BBall fan, that an unranked team has emerged with this type of devastating optics. Both Adama and Donovan possess such unique size and skill, that it creates a profound challenge for any opposition. The kid Karaban is one smooth operator that plays like he's "Back from the Future".....along with the All Conference level ability of Hawkins and Jackson. Hurley will crank up the " CUJO" with a very deep versatile bench featuring a beautiful array of skill sets.

I think we're are seeing the future here folks. I don't know where this post falls on the crazy meter, but what I'm about to predict has to be way up there........the University of Connecticut Huskies win out and get the top seed in the Tournament.
Wisdom is what you get 5 seconds after you needed it.
Xuperman

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: UCONN HUSKIES in CUJO MODE.

Postby ArmyVet » Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:22 pm

UConn at #1 would be unreal. Wins are wins, but if they were 14-0, I'm not sure but only a couple of those would be over NCAA tourney level teams right?
ArmyVet

Postby Xuperman » Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:50 pm

ArmyVet wrote:UConn at #1 would be unreal. Wins are wins, but if they were 14-0, I'm not sure but only a couple of those would be over NCAA tourney level teams right?

Yes, but the schedule will included 6 wins vs quality name brand schools that includes Villanova prior to the Xavier game. Besides, you can only play who you play and they've buried everyone so far, like a dog buries a T Bone in the back yard.
Xuperman

Postby stever20 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:56 pm

UConn needs to root for Creighton on Thursday with Texas. Texas would be over UConn almost for sure if they win out- and besides the Creighton game, they are pretty smooth sailing up until Christmas.
stever20

Postby Xuperman » Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:01 pm

stever20 wrote:UConn needs to root for Creighton on Thursday with Texas. Texas would be over UConn almost for sure if they win out- and besides the Creighton game, they are pretty smooth sailing up until Christmas.

Love Creighton in that one! Actually it's Purdue that poses the biggest obstacle.......easy sailing until January 1. Arizona is going to be in the hunt but a more difficult path.

I'll just put it out there, based on what I've seen, UConn and Arizona look like 1 seeds.
Xuperman

Postby ArmyVet » Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:11 pm

Xuperman wrote:
ArmyVet wrote:UConn at #1 would be unreal. Wins are wins, but if they were 14-0, I'm not sure but only a couple of those would be over NCAA tourney level teams right?

Yes, but the schedule will included 6 wins vs quality name brand schools that includes Villanova prior to the Xavier game. Besides, you can only play who you play and they've buried everyone so far, like a dog buries a T Bone in the back yard.

Expect a sub .500 Nova team to get healthy right about then and start knocking off Big East teams.
ArmyVet

Postby Xuperman » Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:56 am

Cujo has been pepper sprayed.....but that will just piss him off.
Xuperman

Postby Omaha1 » Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:31 am

UConn should be pissed off going into Saturday’s game with the Jays, but the past couple of games have shown that UConn has some definite weaknesses. Plus Hurley is a liability and will probably do something stupid.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby XUFan09 » Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:51 am

Omaha1 wrote:UConn should be pissed off going into Saturday’s game with the Jays, but the past couple of games have shown that UConn has some definite weaknesses. Plus Hurley is a liability and will probably do something stupid.

They foul so much. Unfortunately, this Creighton team doesn't get to the line much, so it's harder for them to exploit that, but UConn is so bad about sending teams to the line for dumb foula. We will probably see another free throw disparity because Creighton is #1 in the nation at not sending other teams to the line whereas UConn is middling at getting to the line.

Coaches know to exploit this because it's glaringly obvious. In the pregame press conference for Xavier vs. UConn, Miller even said out loud that UConn fouls a lot and they're going to try to exploit it. Lo and behold, they did. Cooley saw the same thing, I'm sure, and McDermott no doubt is planning for this.

There are so many things that UConn is good at, but wow, this stands out like a sore thumb. A FTA/FGA ratio ranked #343 in the nation!
Gangsters in the locker room
XUFan09

Return to Big East basketball message board