(2) Saturday Big East Games 11/19/22

Postby MUPanther » Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:22 am

Providence vs Miami- ESPNEWS, 4PM - Doug Sherman, Sean Farmham
Hall of Fame Tip-Off
Line: Miami -2.5/141.5

The Citadel vs Butler, FS2, 7PM -Matt Schumacker, Rapheal Davis
Line: Butler -18/143.5
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

(2) Saturday Big East Games 11/19/22

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: (2) Saturday Big East Games 11/19/22

Postby billyjack » Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:37 am

The Friars really do have a ton of talent, but with only 3 players returning from last year, they've look disjointed.

PC has beaten teams with a combined record of 1-8. Miami of FL's opponents have a combined record of 0-10.

The game is at Mohegan Sun, a 45 minute drive from Providence, so it's like a home game. i can't make it, cuz my son just got back for Thanksgiving break, and my mother-in-law is flying in today for the week.

Jim Larranaga, alum of PC from 1971, has 699 wins. He was a senior when Ernie D was a soph and in his first varsity season.
Providence
billyjack

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:53 am

billyjack wrote:The Friars really do have a ton of talent, but with only 3 players returning from last year, they've look disjointed.

PC has beaten teams with a combined record of 1-8. Miami of FL's opponents have a combined record of 0-10.

The game is at Mohegan Sun, a 45 minute drive from Providence, so it's like a home game. i can't make it, cuz my son just got back for Thanksgiving break, and my mother-in-law is flying in today for the week.

Jim Larranaga, alum of PC from 1971, has 699 wins. He was a senior when Ernie D was a soph and in his first varsity season.

Always love Ernie D mentions! (One of my favorite college players who didn't wear a Creighton uni.)
Wizard of Westroads

Postby billyjack » Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:57 am

Wizard of Westroads wrote:
billyjack wrote:The Friars really do have a ton of talent, but with only 3 players returning from last year, they've look disjointed.

Always love Ernie D mentions! (One of my favorite college players who didn't wear a Creighton uni.)

Thanks Wiz...!! he lives down in Narragansett close to the beach, and goes to some games at the Dunk (Amp) each year. Good guy, and good time for a shoutout to Ernie's behind-the-back pass in 73 Final Four, lol...
Providence
billyjack

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:29 pm

billyjack wrote:

Thanks Wiz...!! he lives down in Narragansett close to the beach, and goes to some games at the Dunk (Amp) each year. Good guy, and good time for a shoutout to Ernie's behind-the-back pass in 73 Final Four, lol...

Legend!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTOtagUtJ8k
Wizard of Westroads

Postby Omaha1 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:30 pm

Okay I’m taking PC and the points. Thinking about under 141 also. Good luck to both of us. Maybe more luck needed for you with the mother in law en route.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby billyjack » Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:40 pm

Zebras are being comedians now.
Providence
billyjack

Postby Omaha1 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:21 pm

billyjack wrote:Zebras are being comedians now.

First time that I’ve seen Providence play this year. What happened to Bynum? He wasn’t very good and for all the hype, Hopkins was outclassed badly today.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby X-man » Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:51 am

You mean Ernie "no D, put some mustard on that hot dog"? Lord, he was fun to watch back in the day!
Xavier will surprise. Never count them out of the Dance.
X-man

Postby billyjack » Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:13 am

Sorry about the loss. I think the Friars just haven't played together long enough? Yeah, I'm going to run with that excuse.

Thanks for the Ernie comments Wiz, Omaha, and X-man, so funny.

This is probably a repeated comment, but i'm still pessed about our loss:

... in addition to that amazing Final Four display, there's also another great 1973 clip of him at MSG vs the Soviets... an exhibition game, and the first matchup since the cheat game at the 1972 Olympics... near the end of the game, Ernie is dribbling around like a Globetrotter with the Russians unable to catch him, running in circles til he whipped the ball underneath for a dunk (by Marvin). Nice payback for the 1972 cheating. I'm just a few years too young to have watched this firsthand unfortunately.

https://youtu.be/-4QQVJwvuZ8

Anyhoo, on to the Billikens. They're going to be pissed at my insults about them and their fanbase.
Providence
billyjack

Return to Big East basketball message board