2022 Bluenotes Basketball Preview shows

The home for Big East hoops

Re: 2022 Bluenotes Basketball Preview shows

Postby Xuperman » Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:02 pm

You guys doubled down on the Blue Jay hype and it continues to surprise me, but the Kalkbrenner BE POY talk is borderline baffling. In fact, I could see Kaluma OR Nembhard OR Baylor, making a better case when all is said and done.

Let's just compare Kalk and Nunge because they mirror each other. First off, the experience gap is a wide one. Then both head to head matchups last year resulted in a Xavier sweep, and one could argue that Jack outplayed Ryan in both contests. Both guys have eerily similar stats, with Kalk having a significant FG% advantage, but that gets offset by Nunge being significantly more reliable from the charity stripe, AND Jack had an outstanding year from 3....which makes him far more versatile. Also, Nunge basically played his 1st full season healthy which is worth noting.

That said, I am fairly confident that X, Nova, UConn and CU will fill 4 of the top 5 spots. PC is a Wild Card for me.

Another thing about the preview show......I think you guys are not seeing the Johnnies as chaos agents. Now that GQJ is gone, Coach Anderson is THE most intense/effective motivator in conference. His in game passion is as good as it gets. However, Posh is going to be Posh for sure, but this is why they will have a say in this upcoming bloodbath.....DAVID JONES.
Wisdom is what you get 5 seconds after you needed it.
Xuperman

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Novachap » Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:02 pm

Xuperman wrote:Thanks Git. I love this preview, it's special, because all of us here feel like we know you guys personally.

And I must say Jack, your analysis and commentary are absolutely professional quality. You have a smooth delivery and very effective communication skills. I'm curious to know what you do for a living.

Xup, thanks for the kind words. Didn't think I did all that great, especially forgetting Chris Mack's name, lol!

It's fun to do it with Git, love his "interesting" take on things! We clearly on not in the class of the experts like Tristan-he really knows his stuff, but the banter is fun. I really would encourage others to partake. All we really have is opinions and obviously, I am an unabashed Homer!

To answer your question... lots of things, large companies, start ups and non profits... mainly on the management and business development side of things. Winding down now and spending time with the grandkids.
Novachap

Postby Xuperman » Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:22 pm

Ok, you and I are in the same place. Can't wait for it to get real!!!
Wisdom is what you get 5 seconds after you needed it.
Xuperman

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:35 am

"Player X looked like a man amongst boys when he helped Team USA's U18 team win a gold medal this summer. That likely will not change this season. The 5-star freshman is just too big, strong and explosive. Player X will have to earn a role but the 6-foot-6 freshman is just wired differently. It's like an off switch doesn't exist for Player X when he laces it up and steps in between those lines. He attacks the rim without any fear, and Team X can use him in creative ways offensively where he doesn't have to create his own shot every single time. That should allow him to have plenty of energy to fly around on defense. Player X might be the most impactful freshman in the country in 2022-23.
- 24/7 Sports article on 12-soon-to-be-household-names in College Hoops

Git, FYI...not sure if Player X is Zion Cruz. :lol:

Early practice reports from veteran Nova players: Player X: "IS THE REAL DEAL!" Ruh-Roh...

https://247sports.com/college/villanova/LongFormArticle/College-basketball-Circling-12-soon-to-be-household-names-in-2022-23-194289151/#194289151_1
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board