Is Easy Ed gone?

The home for Big East hoops

Is Easy Ed gone?

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:14 pm

Will Cooley take a job at either UMD or L'ville? He's supposedly a serious candidate for both jobs.

IMHO, ol' Ed should take the Louisville position (and good riddance). He's bringing in $3+ Mill now - going to L'ville he'll top $4.5M easily.
He'll bring integrity, honesty, & good character to the position, as well as a winning track record.

However, the only drawback is a lack of deep NCAA runs on his resume. Sayonara Ed.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Is Easy Ed gone?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Is Easy Ed gone?

Postby Husky_U » Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:17 pm

Ok, Goodman... :lol:
Husky_U

Postby billyjack » Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:24 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Will Cooley take a job at either UMD or L'ville? He's supposedly a serious candidate for both jobs.

IMHO, ol' Ed should take the Louisville position (and good riddance). He's bringing in $3+ Mill now - going to L'ville he'll top $4.5M easily.
He'll bring integrity, honesty, & good character to the position, as well as a winning track record.

However, the only drawback is a lack of deep NCAA runs on his resume. Sayonara Ed.

Someone hijacked gtmo's account?

"What have Friar fans done to you, to earn such disrespect? I can't remember the last time you invited me to your house for a cup of coffee, even though my wife is godmother to your only child...

Now you come into my house on the day my daughter is to be married and post this sh-t, lol..."
Providence
billyjack

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:42 pm

Louisville, IMO, won't look to the Big East again for their next coaching hire. Maryland is looking at Enfield.

If Cooley turned down Michigan, and had large say in next AD, I'm not worried about about him leaving after the season.
GoldenWarrior11

Postby ecasadoSBU » Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:45 pm

Ed Cooley has shot down top programs in the past.

I don't see why he would go to that cesspool at Louisville. He should learn the lesson from his peer Chris Mack.
Stony Brook Red, Connecticut Blue, and Big East basketball!
ecasadoSBU

Postby Django » Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:42 pm

If Cooley makes a FF couldn’t he get $4.5 mil at PC? Couldn’t Mack have gotten that at X? Holtman at Butler... It seems if broke ass Wichita Sate got 4.5 for Gregggg any school in the NBE should be able to get and keep the best coaches in America. Mac turned down OSU because I think he can get a final four and big payday at Creighton. Not sure why some coaches have left this conference for more mullah
Django

Postby pc5151 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:05 pm

I believe Holtman would have stayed at Butler has they offered him more money. They didn't want to so he left.
pc5151

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:06 pm

Django wrote:If Cooley makes a FF couldn’t he get $4.5 mil at PC? Couldn’t Mack have gotten that at X? Holtman at Butler... It seems if broke ass Wichita Sate got 4.5 for Gregggg any school in the NBE should be able to get and keep the best coaches in America. Mac turned down OSU because I think he can get a final four and big payday at Creighton. Not sure why some coaches have left this conference for more mullah

Wait a darned minute!??? Mac turned down TOSU because of YOU? Then you need to go... Don't know from whence you came, but if you're the reason he stayed...it's back to Lincoln for Django (the d is silent).

On a serious note: Louisville can afford to toss Cooley 'career-changing' type dollars. Prov can't compete solely on monetary terms. L'ville is the highest grossing revenue stream of basketball schools.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Return to Big East basketball message board