billyjack wrote:
stever20 wrote:The impacts were about as expected in the NET:
Nova 11 to 11
SH 27 to 28

PC 28 to 27
DePaul 70 to 88

Creighton 56 to 51
Marquette 76 to 83

I still absolutely can't get behind NET, as long as its formula is kept secret. I've always felt this way since NET came out.

RPI, for all its flaws and the possibility of sometimes gaming it, actually has everything out in the open.

If ESPN wants to reveal the ingredients of the special sauce, then i'll maybe re-think things.

I don't think ESPN had much to do with it actually. More the NCAA.

Think it was interesting that guys like Mark Few from Gonzaga worked on it. SOS isn't an absolute driver to things.
stever20

Re: (3) NYD Big East Games

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Hall2012 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:46 pm

billyjack wrote:
stever20 wrote:The impacts were about as expected in the NET:
Nova 11 to 11
SH 27 to 28

PC 28 to 27
DePaul 70 to 88

Creighton 56 to 51
Marquette 76 to 83

I still absolutely can't get behind NET, as long as its formula is kept secret. I've always felt this way since NET came out.

RPI, for all its flaws and the possibility of sometimes gaming it, actually has everything out in the open.

If ESPN wants to reveal the ingredients of the special sauce, then i'll maybe re-think things.

I agree. I don't want to go full conspiracy theory here, but it feels like NET changes from conference games usually result in a net (no pun intended) loss for the Big East and net gains for the P5. As in our losing teams fall more than winning teams rise and their winning teams rise more than losing teams fall. I obviously haven't tested that theory as I simply don't have the time.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby gtmoBlue » Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:39 pm

Well well well. Time flies when you're recovering from Covid-Omicron, huh.

Bout to contact my inlaws - God Bless 'em.

110 E Lancaster Ave
Wayne, PA 19087
(484) 580-6264

Actually the address above is not my inlaws (thank God they are long gone to hades), it's one of Poppin Fresh's (Eric D's) haunts.
The local Dunkin' Donuts shop in Wayne. :lol:

Shoutout to the fellas: Chesty, Gumby, Novachap, Kayako, and the rest. Would luv to be able to visit - cheesesteak n beer - and
commiserate with you great fellas. I luv Philly as the city is ALWAYS hospitable and relaxing to the spirit. Always enjoyed my visits
back in the day (playing Drexel and St Joes, of course). In ancient history the Jays would even play LaSalle and St Francis...yuk, yuk, yuk.
I really need to schedule that trip - want to see the "New" Finneran. Enjoy the game guys. Happy New Year too!
luv ya,
gtmo

PS: Unlikely that lil' creighton gets ranked...even in the highly unlikely event that they should win at Finneran. The way things are shaping up
ol' Mac & Co need to run the table this week and next (Prov & X) to even have a shot at any ranking. That my friends...is a very Tall Order. Oh well.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby stever20 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:26 pm

stever20 wrote:
ecasadoSBU wrote:Good win Lil' Creighton!

Good game now on CBS. Not sure who I want to win. Lol. Whatever outcomes guarantees to keep both in the TOP25 i guess

I think if Nova won, Seton Hall might remain in the top 25. Get some sympathy for all the guys not playing.

I think a Seton Hall win and Nova drops out.

looks like I was right on Seton Hall...

This week-
Providence t16
Villanova 19
Xavier 22
Seton Hall 24
stever20

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board